Grounds for right of residence EU reg - sufficient funds

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
drycork

Post by drycork » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:02 pm

Hello,
I am trying to find info about the size of the "sufficient funds" required for registering an EU Right of Residence in Finland, based on the "sufficient financial resources" grounds.

from the migri.fi:
Quote 1:
"Sufficient financial resources may also be your grounds for residing in Finland. This is possible if you have sufficient funds for yourself and your family members, meaning that you will not need to rely on social assistance, for example."
Quote 2:
"You are not required to have a specific amount of money but you must have enough funds to support yourself. Social assistance may not be your principal means of support. We will take your personal circumstances into account when we consider this income requirement."

I would really appreciate if you can share any hints on what size of the resources would be considered "sufficient", please.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

SecretCode

Re: Grounds for right of residence EU reg - sufficient funds

Post by SecretCode » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:47 am

I don't have the source to hand, but in at least one case the requirement is 1 000 € per month for the duration of the permit. This is just to support yourself.

In reality, if you live anywhere within working range of the big cities, and if you're supporting family members, rent will take all of that or more.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:49 am

SecretCode wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:47 am
I don't have the source to hand, but in at least one case the requirement is 1 000 € per month for the duration of the permit. This is just to support yourself.

In reality, if you live anywhere within working range of the big cities, and if you're supporting family members, rent will take all of that or more.
Registration of right of residence does not involve permits or have duration. This is the point of free movement.

drycork

Post by drycork » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:07 pm

SecretCode wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:47 am

Thanks! Sure, checked rent etc. All is reasonable after other EU countries we lived in.

drycork

Post by drycork » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:09 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:49 am
Registration of right of residence does not involve permits or have duration. This is the point of free movement.
Good point, thanks!

drycork

Post by drycork » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:57 pm

Just wanted to add here, in case other people will be looking for this info.
See page 30 of the doc https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 023XC01392
(COMMISSION NOTICE. Guidance on the right of free movement of EU citizens and their families)

nordicExplorer

Post by nordicExplorer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:26 am

drycork wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:02 pm
Hello,
I am trying to find info about the size of the "sufficient funds" required for registering an EU Right of Residence in Finland, based on the "sufficient financial resources" grounds.

from the migri.fi:
Quote 1:
"Sufficient financial resources may also be your grounds for residing in Finland. This is possible if you have sufficient funds for yourself and your family members, meaning that you will not need to rely on social assistance, for example."
Quote 2:
"You are not required to have a specific amount of money but you must have enough funds to support yourself. Social assistance may not be your principal means of support. We will take your personal circumstances into account when we consider this income requirement."

I would really appreciate if you can share any hints on what size of the resources would be considered "sufficient", please.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi drycork, are you able to register your rights based on having "sufficient funds"?