End date of RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
cekovski

End date of RP

Post by cekovski » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:40 pm

Hello!

I have a question about my wife's situation. Her brother will have a wedding in the first week of July, and she has to go. But her residence permit's end date is 17th July. We already applied for an extension, but still in progress, and it seems she won't get it new one before she leaves.

Is there any problem when she turns back to Finland? For example, if she turns back on the 15th of July, will she have any problem at the control point before the flight or after the flight?

Thanks in advance!

End date of RP

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: End date of RP

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:27 pm

cekovski wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:40 pm
I have a question about my wife's situation. Her brother will have a wedding in the first week of July, and she has to go. But her residence permit's end date is 17th July. We already applied for an extension, but still in progress, and it seems she won't get it new one before she leaves.

Is there any problem when she turns back to Finland? For example, if she turns back on the 15th of July, will she have any problem at the control point before the flight or after the flight?
When it's valid, it's valid.

browndude

Post by browndude » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:29 pm

Which country is your wife from (or where is she travelling to for the wedding)? I am assuming it is a non-Schengen country. Depending on that, there could be a few points where there could be scrutiny. 1. Immigration in your wife's home country (or wherever the wedding is). 2. At the airline counter during check-in. 3. At immigration in Finland (or wherever she enters the Schengen zone). As someone else said, I THINK (not sure) that if the RP is valid, it should not be an issue. The passport/trvael document however should have many months of validity left though. Just to be sure, perhaps it would make sense to take some document that confirms that the RP is in the process of being renewed. Also consider asking Rajavartiolaitos if this situation would cause some problems just to be sure.
ImageImage

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:15 pm

browndude wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:29 pm
Which country is your wife from (or where is she travelling to for the wedding)? I am assuming it is a non-Schengen country. Depending on that, there could be a few points where there could be scrutiny. 1. Immigration in your wife'sö home country (or wherever the wedding is). 2. At the airline counter during check-in. 3. At immigration in Finland (or wherever she enters the Schengen zone). As someone else said, I THINK (not sure) that if the RP is valid, it should not be an issue. The passport/trvael document however should have many months of validity left though. Just to be sure, perhaps it would make sense to take some document that confirms that the RP is in the process of being renewed. Also consider asking Rajavartiolaitos if this situation would cause some problems just to be sure.
The three month Schengen rule on passport validity does not apply to residence permit holders in transit. Does not hurt, of course. https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 9-20170407