Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Uskomaton

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Uskomaton » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:03 pm

Anoirsana wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:53 pm
Hey
I applied at 19.10.2023
the application moved to stage 2 on 23.04.204

and I haven't received the decision yet. but I'm not sure even if it's gonna be positive.
I have been afraid if they process my application so early because I actually I haven't finished the whole 4 years period of residence. I came in 2018 as student with B. I lived 3 years,9 months with permit B and 2 years,1 month with permit A until now. so I still have around 1 month away to finish the whole 4 years. (counting half B and full A)

could they be just waiting that I finish the 4 years to issue me a decision ? I have YKI 4
because I see most people get their decisions straight after it moves to stage 2. but in my case it's still pending.

The reason I applied earlier because I was expecting that the application could be pending for at least 1 year.
If you have not fulfilled the residency requirement, how did you fill the form out? It asks you there if you fulfilled it or you seek for exception etc.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Anoirsana

Post by Anoirsana » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:03 pm
Anoirsana wrote:
Hey
I applied at 19.10.2023

and I haven't received the decision yet. but I'm not sure even if it's gonna be positive.
I have been afraid if they process my application so early because I actually I haven't finished the whole 4 years period of residence. I came in 2018 as student with B. I lived 3 years,9 months with permit B and 2 years,1 month with permit A until now. so I still have around 1 month away to finish the whole 4 years. (counting half B and full A)

could they be just waiting that I finish the 4 years to issue me a decision ? I have YKI 4
because I see most people get their decisions straight after it moves to stage 2. but in my case it's still pending.

The reason I applied earlier because I was expecting that the application could be pending for at least 1 year.
If you have not fulfilled the residency requirement, how did you fill the form out? It asks you there if you fulfilled it or you seek for exception etc.
Well when filling the application form it asks when did I move to Finland and how long have I lived. it doesn't ask what permit did I have B or A.
I moved in July 2018. and I applied in October 2023. so I have been already living 5 years when I filled the application.
so i filled the form like I don't know the B and the A rule. in fact I lived until now 3 years, 9 months B. and 2 years, 1 month A

But let's wait and see. If they issue me a negative decision then I think I can apply again before next August.

another_one

Post by another_one » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 pm

Anoirsana wrote:
Hey
I applied at 19.10.2023

Probably no one knows for sure.
But I do think that they are waiting for full 4 years of residence and they will issue a decision then.

It might be so that they started processing your application, realised that it is good, but the residency requirement is not met and they put it aside.
I would assume they will get back to it sometime later.

Anoirsana

Post by Anoirsana » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 pm

another_one wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 pm
Anoirsana wrote:
Hey
I applied at 19.10.2023

But I do think that they are waiting for full 4 years of residence and they will issue a decision then.

It might be so that they started processing your application, realised that it is good, but the residency requirement is not met and they put it aside.
I really hope so :) :)
In case the decision will be positive then the strategy I followed will succeed because I won a lot of time.
in case it's negative then I would have just lost 460 EUR :cry:

If I would have known that they will process my application so earlier. in 6 months I wouldn't have applied. because everyone else I ask. they tell me that their application was pending for a year or 2 years. so I wanted to win some time. :mrgreen: at the end I will know whether it has been a good decision to apply earlier or a bad one.

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm

Anoirsana wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 pm
another_one wrote:
Anoirsana wrote:
Hey
I applied at 19.10.2023

In case the decision will be positive then the strategy I followed will succeed because I won a lot of time.

If I would have known that they will process my application so earlier. in 6 months I wouldn't have applied. because everyone else I ask. they tell me that their application was pending for a year or 2 years. so I wanted to win some time. :mrgreen: at the end I will know whether it has been a good decision to apply earlier or a bad one.
Ideally, it should be rejected in order not to encourage people to apply before they meet the requirements. When you applied, 6 months ago, you were 7 months away from completing the required residence period. When people like you apply to save time before they meet the requirements, they clog up the queue. Migri officer wasted their time to look at the your case, somebody else could have gotten their decision. Anyway, with the new law, things will get only better.

Anoirsana

Post by Anoirsana » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm

Heyy
I finally received the decision just now and it's positive
Here is my timeline
Moved to Finland with residence permit B on July 2018
Got residence permit A on 2022
Got YKI test with 4,4,4,4 on September 2023.

Applied : 19.10.2023
Moved to stage 2 : 23.04.2024
Request for additional information: 26.04.2024
Replied to the request: 26.04.2024
Few minutes later. I got the decision. :D :D finally.

The request for additional information was about my startup company and some clarification on my operations and income. as well as they asked me if I'm ready for the military service because I'm 27 years old
for my period of residence after I counted per day. I found out that today I actually I finish the (4 years) (1460 days) because I actually lived 760 days with A and 1400 day with B. so if we divide 1400 by 2 it will be 700. and we add 760 days. the total is 1460 (4 years). and this is why the decision was delayed by 2 days :D

curiousVK

Post by curiousVK » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm

kunglao wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:58 pm
curiousVK wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:33 pm
xfromy wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:56 pm

Yes, decision can be granted quickly right after going into processing.
it hasn't happened in my case "In Process" since a week, so sort of concerned at the moment.
We're in the same boat. The knowledge here seems to be to not panic until 3 weeks have passed since you moved to In Progress.
Hello, any update on your case buddy?
I'm still waiting (In Process stage).

Anoirsana

Post by Anoirsana » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm
Anoirsana wrote:
another_one wrote:

Ideally, it should be rejected in order not to encourage people to apply before they meet the requirements. When you applied, 6 months ago, you were 7 months away from completing the required residence period. When people like you apply to save time before they meet the requirements, they clog up the queue. Migri officer wasted their time to look at the your case, somebody else could have gotten their decision. Anyway, with the new law, things will get only better.
I received the decision just around one hour ago and it's positive.
Your argument would be ideal if migri process all applications equally and fairly in 6 months. but when 60/100 of applications get processed in 18 months or more. it's my right to try and find ways to save time (Migri doesn't mention in its website that it's forbidden to apply earlier). there are many people who waited 4 years period of residence and when they applied for the citizenship they waited more than 2 years to receive a decision.

+ when I came in 2018 student permits were B on that time. now they are A. I think migri should at least consider that it's totally unfair for students who came in 2018 to treat their period of residence as a half. I would have fulfilled the requirements much earlier if student permit was A during 2018.
+ not everyone can pass the YKI test in 3 years period of residence. I have done a lot of efforts and study to be fluent in Finnish.

However, thanks god my decision is positive and not negative and I don't care now.

BlossomL

Post by BlossomL » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm

Hi everyone

I applied 1.11.2023 based on family ties and my diary number was 134xx, and queue number 81xx.

It was moved to stage 2 yesterday morning (queue 56xx) and I received the positive decision before 12 today.

Such sweet relief. This is definitely a really great support group for all of us who has applied and been waiting for a decision.

Best of luck to all.

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm

Anoirsana wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
Anoirsana wrote:

Your argument would be ideal if migri process all applications equally and fairly in 6 months. but when 60/100 of applications get processed in 18 months or more. it's my right to try and find ways to save time (Migri doesn't mention in its website that it's forbidden to apply earlier). there are many people who waited 4 years period of residence and when they applied for the citizenship they waited more than 2 years to receive a decision.

+ when I came in 2018 student permits were B on that time. now they are A. I think migri should at least consider that it's totally unfair for students who came in 2018 to treat their period of residence as a half. I would have fulfilled the requirements much earlier if student permit was A during 2018.
+ not everyone can pass the YKI test in 3 years period of residence. I have done a lot of efforts and study to be fluent in Finnish.

However, thanks god my decision is positive and not negative and I don't care now.
Kudos to you for figuring out a way to save yourself time, and maybe your experience can be an example that maybe people should apply 6 months before reaching their period of residence, especially as you mentioned that migri does not play fair. Congratulations!! :-D

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 pm

(Deleted)

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm

Anoirsana wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
Anoirsana wrote:

Well, many people including myself have passed YKI with at least 3 under a year. It is not impossible to pass the test. It is just a test.

Congratulations on your citizenship but rules have to be applied stricter.

Underscore

Post by Underscore » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 pm

ehab101 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:16 pm
Hi, Is it normal to have your queue numbers go down only about 100 numbers in a month (the first month) I applied mid March with queue number 89xx and after more than a month the queue number is 88xx. My diary number is in the 25xx/310/2024 range. Just looking to get any insight as to why has it been so slow or is it just the first month and so. Thanks :)
Hahahha, lucky you. I applied in the last week of March and queue number was 9042 and it’s been one month mow and queue stands at 9061 😂😂😂.

Can I ask what was your status in Finland and grounds for application?

quillcentaur

Post by quillcentaur » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Anoirsana wrote:
another_one wrote:

I 100% agree with you.

marceial

Post by marceial » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:05 pm

Hey I have been browsing this forum for a while. today I got my decision so I decided to create an account and add to your statistics

I moved to Finland as a student in 2016 at the age of 18. I graduated from UAS in 2020 and got a working permit A at the end of 2020.
I got the YKI test in 2023. (I used two certificates to meet one of the combination speaking 3, writing 3)

February 2023: I applied and visited Migri.
January 2024: Application moved to stage 2.
Today 26.04.2024: I received the decision
so it took me around 15 months in total including around 4 months in stage 2. and I haven't received any supplemental request or sent an additional information.

also I have been unemployed for 6 months with my working residence permit and currently still unemployed.