Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jonathan_09

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by jonathan_09 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm

quillcentaur wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 2:50 pm
Migri started automatic decision on some Citizenship applications. Too bad it's only for applications submitted from today. No idea why they just wouldn't run the existing applications on that algorithm. Hopefully this means it will be quicker to get decision though as some would be under automatic processing already. https://migri.fi/en/implementation-deci ... itizenship
That’s great in all cases, It will reduce waiting times

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Thu May 02, 2024 3:34 pm

quillcentaur wrote:
Migri started automatic decision on some Citizenship applications. Too bad it's only for applications submitted from today. No idea why they just wouldn't run the existing applications on that algorithm. Hopefully this means it will be quicker to get decision though as some would be under automatic processing already. https://migri.fi/en/implementation-deci ... itizenship
Good news, and it's about time. This should come as welcome news to applicants from this day forward.

As you say, too bad it can't be applied retroactively, say to 2022 maybe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:44 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:34 pm
quillcentaur wrote:
Good news, and it's about time. This should come as welcome news to applicants from this day forward.

As you say, too bad it can't be applied retroactively, say to 2022 maybe. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is it possible to cancel my current application and submit another application ?
Of course not thinking to do this now but if the application prolongs to other several months.

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Thu May 02, 2024 3:51 pm

quillcentaur wrote:
Wonder if there will be people who get decision almost instantly after application (as it is automatic, should be super fast)

Maybe just_passing_by will notice that in the new data

mamutti

Post by mamutti » Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
quillcentaur wrote:

Tbh, would be nice if all of the cases could be done through automation 😁 But unfortunately, it’s not the case

farhad.void

Post by farhad.void » Thu May 02, 2024 6:50 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:44 pm
Auringon_kukka wrote:
quillcentaur wrote:

Is it possible to cancel my current application and submit another application ?
Of course not thinking to do this now but if the application prolongs to other several months.
Be careful before you do this. Cause, it is mentioned that - if they don't need to contact other authority then it will be automatic. But I think in all cases of outside of EU applications they will do the security check with applicant's home country authority. But I'm not sure and let's see what happens.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Thu May 02, 2024 7:19 pm

farhad.void wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 6:50 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:44 pm
Auringon_kukka wrote:

Be careful before you do this. Cause, it is mentioned that - if they don't need to contact other authority then it will be automatic. But I think in all cases of outside of EU applications they will do the security check with applicant's home country authority. But I'm not sure and let's see what happens.
that's correct let's wait and see.
probably we will hear from people who will apply in next weeks.
so then we can gather some statistics. what percentage of applicants get automated decisions and their country of origins extraa.

just_passing_by

Post by just_passing_by » Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 pm

broccoli wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:51 pm
Wonder if there will be people who get decision almost instantly after application (as it is automatic, should be super fast)

Yeah, it is also interesting to me whether I will find anything.
If an application is processed instantly then it might be so that an application is not even appearing in the Kamu chatbot. Such thing will be harder to spot.

But let's see. I will collect the data on weekend and check if there is something unusual.
I bet that we won't see any significant difference this week, but maybe the next week will show some changes.

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Thu May 02, 2024 9:07 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 pm
broccoli wrote:

If an application is processed instantly then it might be so that an application is not even appearing in the Kamu chatbot. Such thing will be harder to spot.

But let's see. I will collect the data on weekend and check if there is something unusual.
I bet that we won't see any significant difference this week, but maybe the next week will show some changes.
We can compare the created applications vs decision made applications in the upcoming weeks.

mamutti

Post by mamutti » Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 pm
broccoli wrote:

Also, we can see from the official statistics website, whether the number of processed applications has grown in according with the submitted ones

Boston_MA

Post by Boston_MA » Fri May 03, 2024 8:52 am

jonathan_09 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm
quillcentaur wrote:
That’s great in all cases, It will reduce waiting times
If the automatic decision process from 2 May 2024 going forward will indeed be great in all cases with respect to reducing waiting times, then the estimated processing time which is currently 7-23 months according to the MIGRI Processing Time Checker for pending applications submitted in 2022, 2023, and the first 4 months of 2024 should at some point start decreasing. Given that MIGRI increased the estimated processing time from 6-18 months to 7-23 months during the last 8-9 months, If they start revising that estimate in the downward direction, it may actually hint at the possibility that the automatic process for new applications could be benefiting those whose applications have been sitting in the pending pile the longest.

MCS

Post by MCS » Fri May 03, 2024 3:59 pm

kunglao wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm
curiousVK wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm
kunglao wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:58 pm

We're in the same boat. The knowledge here seems to be to not panic until 3 weeks have passed since you moved to In Progress.
Hello, any update on your case buddy?
I'm still waiting (In Process stage).
Still no update. Exactly 2 weeks have passed since we moved to In Progress. I'll start panicking after next week Friday 😄
Any updates guys? i have the same case. Did you try to contact migri?

Kippuax

Post by Kippuax » Fri May 03, 2024 4:28 pm

Hey guys,
I have a very random question that I am working normally, and waiting for citizenship decision. I got a school offer from ammattikorkeakoulu, in this case do i need to change my A -working visa to B-student visa or just I could work and study at same time. Any insight, thanks a lot! :?

MCS

Post by MCS » Fri May 03, 2024 4:37 pm

Kippuax wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:28 pm
Hey guys,
I have a very random question that I am working normally, and waiting for citizenship decision. I got a school offer from ammattikorkeakoulu, in this case do i need to change my A -working visa to B-student visa or just I could work and study at same time. Any insight, thanks a lot! :?
As far as i know, you can ofc study with the A permit. And it is better to ask Migri these questions. Best

just_passing_by

Post by just_passing_by » Sat May 04, 2024 12:45 pm

This week's stats:
Total processed: ~83
Total processed above threshold: ~49
Processed above threshold to total processed ratio: ~0.59
Threshold processing median: ~13403/310/2023
2022 processing median: ~5142/310/2022
New applications created: ~134

Data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/148z5EQ ... sp=sharing