Female Australian, long term plan to move to Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Ravenhawk

Post by Ravenhawk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:21 am

Hi everyone,

So I want to eventually move to Finland I’m a 29 yr old female looking to change careers and I want to move abroad. I like what I’ve seen so far about Finnish culture and although the winters are harsh I have lived in Northern Canada before so can stand the cold and snow. I want to move here but it’s a long term plan (within 5 years) as I have to learn the language and find a suitable trade.

Are there any suggestions on what trades are needed in Finland right now? And what would be the best trade to transition into from Australia to Finland? Any answers would be a great help.

Thanks.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Female Australian, long term plan to move to Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Sat May 11, 2024 10:12 am

Ravenhawk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:21 am
Hi everyone,

So I want to eventually move to Finland I’m a 29 yr old female looking to change careers and I want to move abroad. I like what I’ve seen so far about Finnish culture and although the winters are harsh I have lived in Northern Canada before so can stand the cold and snow. I want to move here but it’s a long term plan (within 5 years) as I have to learn the language and find a suitable trade.

Are there any suggestions on what trades are needed in Finland right now? And what would be the best trade to transition into from Australia to Finland? Any answers would be a great help.

Thanks.
Healthcare and IT, for example.

heretostay

Re: Female Australian, long term plan to move to Finland

Post by heretostay » Sat May 11, 2024 1:44 pm

My recommendation would be to consider studying in Finland. Then you can learn the language while changing fields and also learn the culture here.