Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mamutti

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed May 15, 2024 10:32 am

Indian_Dude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:20 am
Br_fi wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 5:20 am
I've been waiting for a decision for almost a year now and I dislike Migri's inefficiency as much as everyone else here, but some people in this forum are absurdly entitled! Some act like becoming a citizen of another country is basically their God-given right because they paid money for an application to Migri... Others act like they deserve more speed because they're not refugees, or are constantly victimizing themselves and creating/spreading theories that Migri is just on a personal mission to make them suffer.

You guys need to chill. Live your lives, don't commit crimes, make sure you have at least applied for permanent residency too (for a bigger peace of mind and awnae of stability)... And eventually you'll get a citizenship decision.
This coming from someone who applied in June 2023 and thought would get a decision in 6 months... Already going to 12 months in 2 weeks.
"Getting citizenship is not right."
"Getting citizenship is a privilege"
We all know about it.
Getting a invitation for luch in my home is not your rights, it is your privilege. But when you arrive my home and if I serve you that lunch in the next day morning, then it sucks.
It is not your God-given right, but still it sucks.
As a public organization, Migri had to follow the Administrative law which stipulates that decision should be served without unreasonable delay

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

riku2

Post by riku2 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 am

Indian_Dude wrote:
Getting a invitation for lunch in my home is not your rights, it is your privilege. But when you arrive my home and if I serve you that lunch in the next day morning, then it sucks.
If you really want to annoy the waiting guest, you announce that you have introduced automated lunches, but it does not apply to people who have been sitting around waiting. New people arrive and get their lunch served in three minutes but the waiting guests should sit back and wait patiently for their lunch to arrive perhaps the next morning.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Wed May 15, 2024 11:41 am

riku2 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 am
Indian_Dude wrote:
Getting a invitation for lunch in my home is not your rights, it is your privilege. But when you arrive my home and if I serve you that lunch in the next day morning, then it sucks.
If you really want to annoy the waiting guest, you announce that you have introduced automated lunches, but it does not apply to people who have been sitting around waiting. New people arrive and get their lunch served in three minutes but the waiting guests should sit back and wait patiently for their lunch to arrive perhaps the next morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indian_Dude

Post by Indian_Dude » Wed May 15, 2024 12:20 pm

riku2 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 am
Indian_Dude wrote:
😀😀😀😀😀😀
Well, said. Just one suggestion/ request for you guyes, please raise your voice in the social platfrom example in the facebook page of the Migri (https://www.facebook.com/Maahanmuuttovir). At least share your reaction there. I think in this way we can get policy maker/ Migri’scBig boss’s attention.

kriffer

Post by kriffer » Wed May 15, 2024 1:32 pm

Well, today it finally happened!
Some stats:
- moved to Finland in 2017 as an entrepreneur, having Russian citizenship and Finnish RP
- applied in mid of June 2022
- moved to stage 2 on April 17th 2024
- On April 15th 2024 got a positive decision. (The queue number was about 1200)

So it overall took exactly 23 months!

Good luck and patience to all who are waiting!

:beer_yum: :beer_yum: :beer_yum:

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:36 pm

kriffer wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:32 pm
Some stats:
- moved to Finland in 2017 as an entrepreneur, having Russian citizenship and Finnish RP

Congratulations br 😃😇

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:43 pm

Br_fi wrote:
I've been waiting for a decision for almost a year now and I dislike Migri's inefficiency as much as everyone else here, but some people in this forum are absurdly entitled! Some act like becoming a citizen of another country is basically their God-given right because they paid money for an application to Migri... Others act like they deserve more speed because they're not refugees, or are constantly victimizing themselves and creating/spreading theories that Migri is just on a personal mission to make them suffer.

You guys need to chill. Live your lives, don't commit crimes, make sure you have at least applied for permanent residency too (for a bigger peace of mind and awnae of stability)... And eventually you'll get a citizenship decision.
This coming from someone who applied in June 2023 and thought would get a decision in 6 months... Already going to 12 months in 2 weeks.
It’s not about getting the citizenship ( which is we all know that it is a privilege )
It’s about having your application processed.
There is a difference about getting the citizenship and having the application processed.
Having the application processed whether the decision is positive or negative. You paid the 460 EUR to get your application processed not to wait endlessly. There are many applicants who are waiting 25 months now and haven’t received the decision
Myself I prefer to wait 10 months and get a negative decision and apply again. Rather than waiting 30 months and have positive decision.
Migri has already said having positive decision is relative not absolute. Meaning that you can get a negative decision even if you fullfill all the requirements.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Wed May 15, 2024 2:17 pm

kriffer wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:32 pm
Some stats:

Congratulations 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Gives me hope (applied in mid-August 2022)!!

kunglao

Post by kunglao » Wed May 15, 2024 2:44 pm

kunglao wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 am
kunglao wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm
kunglao wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm

Still no update. Exactly 2 weeks have passed since we moved to In Progress. I'll start panicking after next week Friday 😄
Well, still nothing.
Received an email "The processing of your application is ongoing." Is exactly 4 weeks after moving to In Progress.
My partner and the kids just received a positive decision! You can find our case details on viewtopic.php?p=608396&hilit=Kunglao#p608396

We sent Migri an email of enquiry a few days ago, they replied this morning and few hours later we got the decision. I am still yet to get my decision but fingers crossed 🤞

browndude

Post by browndude » Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:43 pm
Br_fi wrote:

It’s not about getting the citizenship ( which is we all know that it is a privilege )
There is a difference about getting the citizenship and having the application processed.
Having the application processed whether the decision is positive or negative. You paid the 460 EUR to get your application processed not to wait endlessly. There are many applicants who are waiting 25 months now and haven’t received the decision
Myself I prefer to wait 10 months and get a negative decision and apply again. Rather than waiting 30 months and have positive decision.
Migri has already said having positive decision is relative not absolute. Meaning that you can get a negative decision even if you fullfill all the requirements.
How can you get a negative decision if you fulfil all the criteria? There has to be some reason for the rejection.
ImageImage

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Wed May 15, 2024 3:43 pm

kunglao wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:44 pm
kunglao wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 am
kunglao wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm

Well, still nothing.
Received an email "The processing of your application is ongoing." Is exactly 4 weeks after moving to In Progress.
My partner and the kids just received a positive decision! You can find our case details on viewtopic.php?p=608396&hilit=Kunglao#p608396

We sent Migri an email of enquiry a few days ago, they replied this morning and few hours later we got the decision. I am still yet to get my decision but fingers crossed 🤞
Congratulations 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

More good news today!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed May 15, 2024 3:54 pm

Indian_Dude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:05 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:32 am
You can’t claim that everyone is equal and then that it’s ok for refugees to have longer processing times. PR is not a blanket protection from deportation. If you commit serious enough crimes you will be deported.
You missed the point. If the law/rules said refugees need more time, then I have nothing to say. If non-citizens commit crimes, they need to be deported; I also have nothing to say. Because If you are in Finland, you must follow these Finnish laws. Laws are written on black and white paper, and we all know about them. When we apply for citizenship, we know about it. So, I am not saying anything against the laws. I am saying that we are all the same under this Finnish law. This means that two refugee applicants will be treated the same way. Two non-refugee applicants will be treated in the same way. I hope you got my point.
Treating non-refugee and refugee applications differently is discrimination. Refugees often do have harder to verify identity history but this is not necessarily the case. One can be refugee and have equally reliably established identity to a non-refugee.
Indian_Dude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:05 am
The problem is that Migri has many hidden rules that have not been published publicly. Example about the black-listed countries list. It does not exist on their website anymore. Another one is if you are an entrepreneur, they will put you on a different long waiting list. They follow these rules without telling the public. It is not ok.
Migri does not use this country list any more. I do agree that the processing system should in general be more transparent. Even better it should follow the law and not have long delays for anyone due to Migri being understaffed.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:43 pm
Br_fi wrote:

How can you get a negative decision if you fulfil all the criteria? There has to be some reason for the rejection.
Actually I have no idea but Migri has mentioned this in its Website.
Look

And also migri could reject a citizenship application due to a reason which is not mentioned in the criteria.
For example I know one case in which the applicant got rejected because he came as a student and he hasn’t finished his studies after he switched to a working permit.
the reason for rejection stated as : The applicant didn't fullfill yet the purpose of the moving to Finland. despite it is not mentioned anywhere in Migri website that the applicant should complete his studies even if he switch to work-based residence permit in order to qualify for the citizenship.
I know other applicant got reject because he hasn't spent much money in Finland. he used to spent around 400 EUR a month he used to focus on saving money. and lived the whole time in Finland in a shared apartment and also this is not mentioned in migri website

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:12 pm

By the way I have a question.
When I see check the diary numbers sometimes I see some queues which start from 2200.
which category of applicants are put into this category ?
I know refugees usually are put into a category of queue that start from 6000
and ordinary applicants are put into a queue that start from 9000 nowadays.
but what about the queue that start from 2200 ? what applicants are put into this queue ?

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Wed May 15, 2024 5:04 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:12 pm
By the way I have a question.
When I see check the diary numbers sometimes I see some queues which start from 2200.
which category of applicants are put into this category ?
I know refugees usually are put into a category of queue that start from 6000
and ordinary applicants are put into a queue that start from 9000 nowadays.
but what about the queue that start from 2200 ? what applicants are put into this queue ?
Probably it is declaration or citizenship determination applications.