Project: answers to suomen kielen alkeisoppikirja (kesäylio.

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Papu

Post by Papu » Wed May 11, 2005 8:43 pm

Hello!

The Kesäyliopisto and the Aikuisopisto are both using the same books: "Suomen kielen alkeisoppikirja" by Leena Silfverberg.
There´s a study-book and an excercise book.

BUT there are no answers to the exercise book. That makes it hard if you´re trying to learn by yourself (e.g. if you´re abroad preparing for a course you´re gonna take).

Idea: I would like to write up the answers to the chapters and publish them on my homepage, so that students can jsut download them to check if they are on the right track.

I was thinking of dividing up the work a little.... Who wants to join in? Just type one chapter of answers (the practise will do you good) and send it to me, then we´ll put it on the net.

Anybody up for some practise?

Papu

Jabbadabbadooo

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Wed May 11, 2005 10:08 pm

I have a lot of the answers but not in electronic form. I'm not sure I would have enough time to type them all up though. I am more than happy to send you photocopies of what I have (off the top of my head chapters 6-7 and the kertausharjoituksia pp:86-97 - but I can probably get hold of more). If you are not in a hurry I might be able to do some over the summer.

But why not contact the publisher and suggest they make this information available on the internet. Some of the English language publishers do this.

Papu

Post by Papu » Thu May 12, 2005 7:12 am

Hi Penelope!

We´re not in a hurry, actually I just wanted to prractice and do sthg. useful at the same time.

I contacted Finnlectura (the publisher) but they can´t really say anything.... Anyway I think it´s good practice to type it all up.

I don´t have that much time either (I´m working), but if I do 2-3 Harjoitus every day, then I´ll be done in..... 2006 sometime :-)

How are you by the way? Are you still in Johanna´s course? Did she do the follow up course? I´m going to do the Kesäyliopisto course Nr. 5 in June.....

c u,

Papu
Jabbadabbadooo

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu May 12, 2005 8:41 am

Yes, we are just finishing part 3 with Johanna and then the continuation course is for one week Monday through Friday 10.30 to 13.15 from 23rd to 27th May and costs 50 euro. If anyone is interested in revising part 3 then this would be a good brush up course. It's at the Aikuisopisto in Töölö, the course reference is 120159 Extrastartti Suomeen, osa 4. We have just finished chapter 7 in the book. The group will be a small one (only 4 of us so far) so the students get plenty of time to practise... and ask questions!

I will continue in August, after the kids go back to school, maybe one course with the Kesäyliopisto and then carry on at the Aikuisopisto. I ain't givin' up now!

http://www.helsinginaikuisopisto.fi (but this course is not on their web page, you would have to call/drop in to make a reservation, or just turn up on the 23rd at 10 a.m. an enrol on the day.