How did you discover Finland Forum??

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.

New users ONLY... How did you discover Finland Forum

I've been a user for more than 4 months now.
6%
From a friend or existing user
13%
From a business card I received
0%
From Google or Yahoo!
53%
From a search engine (other than Google or Yahoo!)
3%
From 'finland.org'
2%
From 'uranusfin.com'
3%
From another website (please tell us from which website)
7%
Other (please tell us below)
3%
Not Sure/Can't Remember
5%
From the Learn Finnish online program
4%
From a Nokia related website
1%

Total votes: 916

KaDaSa

Post by KaDaSa » Sun May 22, 2005 1:05 am

I found you all thanks to the miracle machine that is Google...my wife (who is Finnish) and I don't plan on moving to Finland until sometime in 2007, but I figure it's never too early to start planning!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sp1k3w153

Post by sp1k3w153 » Thu May 26, 2005 6:52 pm

Well i just wanted to check out how much houses in Finnland may cost because i am planning on moving there.

I used google and i got a lot of things onscreen but i think this was a good find.
He who knows he knows nothing is a wise man -- Socrates...

llewellyn

Post by llewellyn » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:50 pm

A complicated story - and definitely signifying nothing: I was searching for that famous WaPo diary (could not for the life of me find it on their webpage at first). Somehow after some googling I ended up on Finland Journal pages and forum with a very interesting and lively thread about the WWII and Finland's role in it. Wanted to post a comment, but I did not register immediately (have to work at times), so returned later. Or so I thought: I was actually here by mistake and immediately talking about sausages or something. Very confusing to have all these sites, but now I have understood parts of the Shakesperian saga and will try not to mention the war ever again (I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it). Absolutely great and interesting discussions on all these sites - as I am married to a foreigner (of all things) some of the observations and comments here sound quite familiar indeed. We had at times a heartbreaking fight with the Finnish authorities (quite accidentally but very helpfully volunteered information by the Espoo Immigration Affairs police saved us - whereas the Helsinki version at Punaniskankatu kept a stony silence which I still have hard time in forgiving...). In any case very nice to be here though I probably won't be a very active member.

Ossi

Post by Ossi » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:06 pm

Hello, I found this page from the service "www.suomalaiset.de" , which is same kind of portal for Finnish people who live in Germany, like me.

It is so nice to see that there is actually many foreign people in Finland, keep up the good work! If someone needs information about the Oulu (my homecity) and Seinäjoki (lived there 4 years), please let me know, I will help you as much as I can :)

Regards from Germany,
-O-

Metalkika

Slovakia

Post by Metalkika » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:18 am

Hello, I am new here and I found this forum at Virtual FInland :) I hope it will help me to move to Finland few years later ;)

Lillukka

Post by Lillukka » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:03 pm

Hello! As almost everyone, I found this great forum when I googled something... don't remember what, sorry!
:lol:

kaamos

Post by kaamos » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:16 am

I was trying to find info about Hietalahden kirpputori with Google, and ended up here! :lol: Looked interesting so I decided to look around and pretty soon I had to join in.
I'm not a foreigner living in Finland, nor am I married to one, but my ex was american and I have a russian friend who is planning to move here, so these issues are interesting to me. :)

farai

cricket

Post by farai » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:39 pm

lm looking for a cricket club to join in Finland. lm a great batsman and bowler.

Linty

Post by Linty » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:27 pm

I discovered this forum from http://www.therasmusforum.com :)

annB

Post by annB » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:03 pm

I was searching Branston Pickle :roll: - Finland and ended up here. :idea:

Vipu

Post by Vipu » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:56 pm

I was reading some topic (can´t remember what it was about) in The Thorn Tree (Lonely Planet) and one reply had this address - so of course I had to check it out..

Mon

Post by Mon » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:54 pm

I found it by sheer chance! :D I didn´t know that this forum exists but I just put in google " finland forum" and one of the post was this forum. It was great because I was looking for that long time ago!!! :wink:

Trippy

Post by Trippy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:09 pm

Hei everyone! I'm new here. I knew about that forum cause a friend of mine was looking for some suomen kielen stuff he finally found here, so he told me about it and I just entered :).

mayumispa

Found it in Finland Journal

Post by mayumispa » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:58 pm

thanks folks great jobs and thanks!!!!
always sincere

Mummo

Post by Mummo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:31 pm

..someone posted a link on one of Nokia's newsgroups and here I am :D