Applying for a Kela Card

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kohca

Applying for a Kela Card

Post by kohca » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:42 am

I am an EU citizen (I don't have an European Insurance Card), and I have applied to a Kela Card as soon as I found a job in Finland, which was in early October.
However it has been already almost 4 months and they still didn't give a decision about the card. I have send the notification of moving to Finland on Omakela website also in October, but Kela didn't reply me anything so far.
On my payslips there are the taxes for daily allowance health insurance (1,36%) that I'm paying, and on Vero website it states that any employee who is covered by the Finnish social insurance system has to pay these taxes.

But I don't get why it is taking so long for them to make a decision to send me a Kela card (or not, if it is the case), or even reply to my messages.
To be honest I just want the Kela so I can go to public health care to have a check up with a gynecologist, and to get a prescription for my controlled medicines, otherwise it is just too expensive for me to do it here at the moment, but I need to go as soon as possible. Since I work at bars and restaurants, I haven't been working much lately due to the corona restrictions.

Did anyone here face the same issues with Kela taking a long time to reply a request or even messages? Last message I sent them was one month ago, and I haven't heard anything from them. I have just sent them another message with my payslips attached.
Should I go to Kela in person to talk?

Applying for a Kela Card

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Applying for a Kela Card

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:17 pm

kohca wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:42 am
To be honest I just want the Kela so I can go to public health care to have a check up with a gynecologist, and to get a prescription for my controlled medicines, otherwise it is just too expensive for me to do it here at the moment, but I need to go as soon as possible. Since I work at bars and restaurants, I haven't been working much lately due to the corona restrictions.
Kela card is irrevant for going to public health care. What you need is a municipality of residence from DVV. Kela card is needed for discounted medicines on the spot in pharmacy. You can also apply for the discount after the fact. Applying can speed up your Kela card application.

kohca

Re: Applying for a Kela Card

Post by kohca » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:06 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:17 pm
kohca wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:42 am
Kela card is irrevant for going to public health care. What you need is a municipality of residence from DVV. Kela card is needed for discounted medicines on the spot in pharmacy. You can also apply for the discount after the fact. Applying can speed up your Kela card application.
Oh, that's so good to know!! I already have my municipality registered, so I can already book an appointment at the public doctor.

Thank you so much :)