PR Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Daniel2016

Re: PR Application 2023

Post by Daniel2016 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:20 am

Is there any one that has got his/her PR lately? I hope Migri will not ask for language requirement from us any time soon.
https://yle.fi/a/74-20041800
Things are not looking really bright.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nsttgiang

Post by nsttgiang » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:18 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. I think I may make a bit confusion here. I have enough 4 years working in Finland with A-rp. I am just a bit worried about whether the fixed-term contract will be enough for me to have a PR or not.
Daniel2016 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:14 am
You must spend 4 years on A before they will grant your PR. I have seen some few exceptions here though. If you are not into high demand job/ top professional/ or European citizenship(there are other cases also), I think you may have to wait for 4 years of A is fulfil before they will grant your PR. To be frank you have not qualified for PR but citizenship( plus language requirement).

Once you are fine, pls look for job that will give you indefinite contract.
nsttgiang wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:28 am
Hi everyone,

This topic is really great. I have some concerns really seeking for advice from you

I come to Finland from 2016 for study with B-rp from 2016-2019. From 2019-2020, I got my first A-rp. And from 2020-now, I am holding another A-rp.

My questions is “Will my PR be negative?”

I have applied for PR from 11/2022 and now I am at 170. I have been working from whole my A-rp, no unemployment and no go back to study. I meet all the requirements for PR.

However, my contract is full-time fixed-term for 1 year (it will end in 9/2023). Due to one fact in my work place, my employer gives contract for 1 year only and all the time. I have been working there for 3 years continuously (with 3 times renew contract). All those information is clear on contracts and pay-slips (on pay-slips, information is 3 years continuously) which I attached in the application.

Everything is easier if I get another contract renewal. However, from 6/2023-8/2023, I am on sickleave due to working accident. Now I am not sure if my employer want to renew my contract or not. I am sure I will ask them.

I want to get advice from everyone that whether I get the negative decision? And what should I do in this situation?

I am very worried and really waiting to hear any advice from everyone.

Thanks.

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:01 pm

You are welcome.

Ok, I got it then.
I will advise you to document all your medical records during the sick leave. Also, since you have been working with the same company for 3 yrs now, I think it's better to stick with the company and ensure that your contract get renewed because your PR decision will be made sooner than later.
I wish you speedy recuperating.

All the best to us all..
nsttgiang wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:18 pm
Hi, thanks for your reply. I think I may make a bit confusion here. I have enough 4 years working in Finland with A-rp. I am just a bit worried about whether the fixed-term contract will be enough for me to have a PR or not.
Daniel2016 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:14 am
You must spend 4 years on A before they will grant your PR. I have seen some few exceptions here though. If you are not into high demand job/ top professional/ or European citizenship(there are other cases also), I think you may have to wait for 4 years of A is fulfil before they will grant your PR. To be frank you have not qualified for PR but citizenship( plus language requirement).

Once you are fine, pls look for job that will give you indefinite contract.
nsttgiang wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:28 am
Hi everyone,

This topic is really great. I have some concerns really seeking for advice from you

I come to Finland from 2016 for study with B-rp from 2016-2019. From 2019-2020, I got my first A-rp. And from 2020-now, I am holding another A-rp.

My questions is “Will my PR be negative?”

I have applied for PR from 11/2022 and now I am at 170. I have been working from whole my A-rp, no unemployment and no go back to study. I meet all the requirements for PR.

However, my contract is full-time fixed-term for 1 year (it will end in 9/2023). Due to one fact in my work place, my employer gives contract for 1 year only and all the time. I have been working there for 3 years continuously (with 3 times renew contract). All those information is clear on contracts and pay-slips (on pay-slips, information is 3 years continuously) which I attached in the application.

Everything is easier if I get another contract renewal. However, from 6/2023-8/2023, I am on sickleave due to working accident. Now I am not sure if my employer want to renew my contract or not. I am sure I will ask them.

I want to get advice from everyone that whether I get the negative decision? And what should I do in this situation?

I am very worried and really waiting to hear any advice from everyone.

Thanks.

Khanji

Post by Khanji » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:14 am

Hello guys. I have applied for my PR in May, my current card got expired. Now my queue number is in 600. What do you guys think how much time it’s gonna take further? How long it takes these days? Thanks

finnishmahbub

Post by finnishmahbub » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:24 pm

Hi

I got PR in 3 days.

Here is my summary.

22.8.2023 submitted (exactly 4 years of eligibility requirement)

28.8.2023 visited migri tampere

31.8.2023 got PR.

Nationality : Bangladeshi

Spouse : Finnish

I had almost 1 year of finnish language course from TE office when I moved. After it finished I started working since then.
Although don't know if it effects PR or not.

Thanks.

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:02 am

Congratulations! I think this is the quickest decision that I have ever witnessed.

Can you tell us what you do if that's possible? I want to wrap my head around your unique case?
finnishmahbub wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:24 pm
Hi

I got PR in 3 days.

Here is my summary.

31.8.2023 got PR.

I had almost 1 year of finnish language course from TE office when I moved. After it finished I started working since then.

Thanks.

finnishmahbub

Post by finnishmahbub » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:32 pm

Daniel2016 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:02 am
Congratulations! I think this is the quickest decision that I have ever witnessed.

Can you tell us what you do if that's possible? I want to wrap my head around your unique case?
finnishmahbub wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:24 pm
Hi

I got PR in 3 days.

Here is my summary.

31.8.2023 got PR.

Thanks.
I am part time housekeeper supervisor of a hotel. Have 60H/3weeks contract. Although I work 130-150H monthly. But they don't need financial requirement if spouse is citizen.

I guess I'm spouse of finnish(native) citizen, that's what matters. In my opinion. I really don't know 🤷🏻‍♂️ how they process applications. My one Singaporean friend also got permits fast, A permit also P. He also have finnish spouse (native).

When I first time applied my permit, married and registered, applied in embassy. I had to go through an interview in embassy before I got my permit. First permit took 1.4 years, Gave one year permit A. When applied extended permit took like under 2 weeks for 4 years A permit. And now it took 3 days for PR.

Rankin

Post by Rankin » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:24 am

Anyone have experiences here applying for P-EU with an EU Blue Card?

According to this link (section 56a) any legal time spent in other EU countries is counted towards the 5 year requirement for P-EU, as long as you've been in FI at least 2 years.
https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/alkup/2013/20130668

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:54 pm

Do we still have anyone that applied for PR between Jan-February 2023 and that has not gotten his/her PR? What will be my fate because Migri has asked for documents from my employer and my bank statements in the last six months in October but I haven't hear anything from them? I am tired, honestly.

Abcdefghi

Post by Abcdefghi » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:58 pm

Hello,
I am new in this forum, I have some questions regarding the PR application. I got my first permit on 08.01.2020 which is based on family ties. So I was entitled to apply for the PR during October of 2023. However I was studying abroad until the end of November of 2023 and when I came back, I realized that my husband had filed for divorce and moved out (also appears in the registers DVV). Worst part is that I also lost my job, so I can not apply for basis of work. My current permit goes due on 08.01.2025. At this point I am very worried, I have not yet graduated, I am missing part of my internship and writing my thesis. I have tried to apply for jobs and internships at the same time. But I don’t know when I will be able to get something. I am trying to arrange things with my husband but the future with him is pretty uncertain as I don’t see him often. So I can not fully rely that things will work out with him. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do in this situation?

jeetchel

Post by jeetchel » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:45 am

I have applied for P-EU in November 2023, the application number in queue toggles between e.g. 34 and 35 since the past few weeks, I don't quite understand why is that so. I have been resident of Finland for last 6 years

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:09 pm

Abcdefghi wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:58 pm
Hello,
I am new in this forum, I have some questions regarding the PR application. I got my first permit on 08.01.2020 which is based on family ties. So I was entitled to apply for the PR during October of 2023. However I was studying abroad until the end of November of 2023 and when I came back, I realized that my husband had filed for divorce and moved out (also appears in the registers DVV). Worst part is that I also lost my job, so I can not apply for basis of work. My current permit goes due on 08.01.2025. At this point I am very worried, I have not yet graduated, I am missing part of my internship and writing my thesis. I have tried to apply for jobs and internships at the same time. But I don’t know when I will be able to get something. I am trying to arrange things with my husband but the future with him is pretty uncertain as I don’t see him often. So I can not fully rely that things will work out with him. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do in this situation?
You were due for PR in October 2023 and you got your first permit(base on family ties on 08.01.2020. How does that possible? This shows that you have not fulfil four years residence requirement with this information you provided.

Do you fulfil these requirements below according to Migri website since you said you were abroad for sometime due to studying?

"Continuous period of residence in Finland is required If you apply for a permanent residence permit, the period of residence in Finland must be continuous, which means that:
you need to have had a continuous residence permit for 4 years without any interruptions between permits, meaning that you have applied for an extended permit before your previous permit has expired; and
you need to have resided in Finland for at least 2 years during the past 4 years."

Lastly, if you cant reconcile with your husband, look for job as soon as possible so that you will not enter into trouble when you want to get your PR. Studying will not help you in anyway since you got your first permt base on family ties but work is also a good reason to get PR.

Read this below also:

"You can get a permanent residence permit if you have grounds for a continuous residence permit. In order to get a permanent residence permit, you must have the grounds for and meet the requirements for a continuous residence permit (an A permit). In most cases, your grounds for a permanent residence permit are the same as they were for your previous, continuous residence permit.

It is also possible to apply for a permanent residence permit on new grounds. In that case, please make sure that you meet the requirements for the residence permit for which you apply. You may get a permanent residence permit on the grounds of family or work, for example.

Permanent residence permits are not granted for studies or for looking for work. This means that if you hold an extended permit for studies or to look for work and wish to apply for a permanent residence permit, you must have grounds for some other continuous residence permit (A permit) and meet the requirements for that permit.

If you have committed crimes, you will not necessarily be granted a permanent residence permit. "
Goodluck.

Guess.who

Post by Guess.who » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:14 am

What is the waiting time for PR based on entrepreneurship?
Any insight will be appreciated!

Regards!

podgi

Post by podgi » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:57 pm

Hey,

Decided to share my process in case it will be useful.

13/10/2023 - PR application submitted on EnterFinland
16/10/2023 - Visit to Migri (Malmi, Helsinki)
17/10/2023 - 2225 applications before me in the queue
29/01/2024 - got the PR decision (that day my queue number was 720-ish)
01/02/2024 - PR card arrived

Overall, the processing took around 3,5 months. I did not receive any requests for additional information but did update my travels outside Finland after New Year's.

Guess.who

Post by Guess.who » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:23 pm

podgi wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:57 pm
Hey,

Decided to share my process in case it will be useful.

13/10/2023 - PR application submitted on EnterFinland
16/10/2023 - Visit to Migri (Malmi, Helsinki)
17/10/2023 - 2225 applications before me in the queue
29/01/2024 - got the PR decision (that day my queue number was 720-ish)
01/02/2024 - PR card arrived

Overall, the processing took around 3,5 months. I did not receive any requests for additional information but did update my travels outside Finland after New Year's.

Did you get any email notification, when it moved to 2nd stage in progress?

How many days it was in 2nd stage?