PR Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
podgi

Re: PR Application 2023

Post by podgi » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:57 pm

Guess.who wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:23 pm

Did you get any email notification, when it moved to 2nd stage in progress?

How many days it was in 2nd stage?
I have just received the email that the decision has been made. Even if my application moved to stage 2, I haven't been notified about it separately. So, I assume the decision was made the same day.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jperickson

Post by jperickson » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:41 pm

Update on potential changes to the PR process per the government program from Yle today: https://yle.fi/a/74-20008814/64-3-213139
SM: Pysyvän oleskeluluvan edellytyksiä tiukennetaan

Sisäministeriö on asettanut hankkeen, jonka tavoitteena on valmistella hallitusohjelman mukaiset tiukennukset pysyvän oleskeluluvan edellytyksiin. Hallituksen esitys eduskunnalle annetaan kevätistuntokaudella 2025.

Hallitusohjelman tavoitteena on kannustaa maahan muuttaneita suomalaisen yhteiskunnan sääntöjen noudattamiseen, työntekoon ja kielen opiskeluun. Pysyvän oleskeluluvan edellytyksenä on onnistunut kotoutuminen.

Tavoitteena on, että pysyvän oleskeluluvan edellytyksenä olevaa asumisaikaa pidennetään kuuteen vuoteen. Tällä hetkellä asumisaikaedellytys on neljä vuotta.

Jatkossa pysyvän luvan edellytyksenä olisi myös muun muassa suomen tai ruotsin kielen taito, joka todennettaisiin kielikokeella. Lisäksi edellytetään muun muassa kahden vuoden työhistoriaa ilman muuta kuin hyvin lyhytaikaista turvautumista työttömyysturvaan tai toimeentulotukeen. Nuhteettomuusedellytystä tiukennetaan, kerrotaan tiedotteessa.
From Google Translate:
SM: The conditions for a permanent residence permit are being tightened

The Ministry of the Interior has set up a project, the goal of which is to prepare the strictures of the requirements for a permanent residence permit according to the government program. The government's proposal to parliament will be given in the 2025 spring session.

The goal of the government program is to encourage those who immigrated to the country to follow the rules of Finnish society, work and study the language. Successful integration is a prerequisite for a permanent residence permit.

The goal is to extend the period of residence required for a permanent residence permit to six years. Currently, the residency requirement is four years.

In the future, a condition for a permanent permit would also be the knowledge of Finnish or Swedish, which would be verified by a language test. In addition, a two-year work history without other than very short-term recourse to unemployment insurance or income support is required, among other things. The condition of integrity is being tightened, the release states.

Nacht

Post by Nacht » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:43 pm

I don't know how you understand (The applicant must not have resorted to unemployment security) if I participate in the Immigrant Integration Programme at the TE office to learn Finnish and receive unemployment benefit during this period, for example for 6 months or a year. Even if I find a job later. I also think it means that I will not be able to get PR. what do you guys think?
jperickson wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:41 pm
Update on potential changes to the PR process per the government program from Yle today: https://yle.fi/a/74-20008814/64-3-213139
SM: Pysyvän oleskeluluvan edellytyksiä tiukennetaan

Sisäministeriö on asettanut hankkeen, jonka tavoitteena on valmistella hallitusohjelman mukaiset tiukennukset pysyvän oleskeluluvan edellytyksiin. Hallituksen esitys eduskunnalle annetaan kevätistuntokaudella 2025.

Hallitusohjelman tavoitteena on kannustaa maahan muuttaneita suomalaisen yhteiskunnan sääntöjen noudattamiseen, työntekoon ja kielen opiskeluun. Pysyvän oleskeluluvan edellytyksenä on onnistunut kotoutuminen.

Tavoitteena on, että pysyvän oleskeluluvan edellytyksenä olevaa asumisaikaa pidennetään kuuteen vuoteen. Tällä hetkellä asumisaikaedellytys on neljä vuotta.

Jatkossa pysyvän luvan edellytyksenä olisi myös muun muassa suomen tai ruotsin kielen taito, joka todennettaisiin kielikokeella. Lisäksi edellytetään muun muassa kahden vuoden työhistoriaa ilman muuta kuin hyvin lyhytaikaista turvautumista työttömyysturvaan tai toimeentulotukeen. Nuhteettomuusedellytystä tiukennetaan, kerrotaan tiedotteessa.
From Google Translate:
SM: The conditions for a permanent residence permit are being tightened

The Ministry of the Interior has set up a project, the goal of which is to prepare the strictures of the requirements for a permanent residence permit according to the government program. The government's proposal to parliament will be given in the 2025 spring session.

The goal of the government program is to encourage those who immigrated to the country to follow the rules of Finnish society, work and study the language. Successful integration is a prerequisite for a permanent residence permit.

The goal is to extend the period of residence required for a permanent residence permit to six years. Currently, the residency requirement is four years.

In the future, a condition for a permanent permit would also be the knowledge of Finnish or Swedish, which would be verified by a language test. In addition, a two-year work history without other than very short-term recourse to unemployment insurance or income support is required, among other things. The condition of integrity is being tightened, the release states.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:25 pm

Nacht wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:43 pm
I don't know how you understand (The applicant must not have resorted to unemployment security) if I participate in the Immigrant Integration Programme at the TE office to learn Finnish and receive unemployment benefit during this period, for example for 6 months or a year. Even if I find a job later. I also think it means that I will not be able to getPR.
That's not what it says:
Nacht wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:43 pm
jperickson wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:41 pm
From Google Translate:
In addition, a two-year work history without other than very short-term recourse to unemployment insurance or income support is required,
It does not matter whether you were unemployed during your first year in Finland, it only matters that you had a job during the two years before you apply for the PR.

NansDrivel

Post by NansDrivel » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:00 pm

What about those of us who are here on a remigration permit? We are not required to have jobs or prove income to obtain this unique permit.

I am retired and have a monthly pension and savings, and my husband will start to receive his pension the same year we are eligible to apply for our permanent residence permit. We have no plans to get a job and don’t want to. We do not use social services. We utilize private medicine.

We are wondering what will happen with those of us here on remigration permits.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:44 pm

NansDrivel wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:00 pm
What about those of us who are here on a remigration permit? We are not required to have jobs or prove income to obtain this unique permit.

I am retired and have a monthly pension and savings, and my husband will start to receive his pension the same year we are eligible to apply for our permanent residence permit. We have no plans to get a job and don’t want to. We do not use social services. We utilize private medicine.

This news is merely repeating what was written in the government program last year:
Programme of Prime Minister Petteri Orpo's Government wrote: In future, it will be possible to obtain a permanent residence permit based on a six-year period of residence subject to certain requirements in addition to the current requirements. These additional requirements are sufficient language skills demonstrated in a language test, a two-year work history without recourse to unemployment security or social assistance other than for a very short period of time, and a stricter integrity requirement.
Special cases like retirees on remigration permits will surely come up when the actual legal text will be drafted and discussed.

NansDrivel

Post by NansDrivel » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:07 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:44 pm
NansDrivel wrote:

This news is merely repeating what was written in the government program last year:
Programme of Prime Minister Petteri Orpo's Government wrote: In future, it will be possible to obtain a permanent residence permit based on a six-year period of residence subject to certain requirements in addition to the current requirements. These additional requirements are sufficient language skills demonstrated in a language test, a two-year work history without recourse to unemployment security or social assistance other than for a very short period of time, and a stricter integrity requirement.
Special cases like retirees on remigration permits will surely come up when the actual legal text will be drafted and discussed.
Thanks Finlandgirl. I know it’s impossible to say, but in your estimation, how long might all the details take to get hammered out and actually implemented?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:14 pm

NansDrivel wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:07 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:44 pm
NansDrivel wrote:

Thanks Finlandgirl. I know it’s impossible to say, but in your estimation, how long might all the details take to get hammered out and actually implemented?
The quoted news from Yle says it will be in parliament in spring 2025.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:10 pm

NansDrivel wrote:

Being ineligible for P doesn’t mean that one can’t extend A. One result might be that remigration people just keep getting renewed A permits of they don’t qualify for P. Need go see final text to know what actually will happen.

jperickson

Post by jperickson » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:04 pm

NansDrivel wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:10 pm
Being ineligible for P doesn’t mean that one can’t extend A. One result might be that remigration people just keep getting renewed A permits of they don’t qualify for P. Need go see final text to know what actually will happen.
I understand not liking the uncertainty but I have not read anything about eliminating the remigration permits. Those whose grounds are dependable/aren't changing any time soon are those that have the least to worry about. You're here on a remigration permit, it's not like next year you'll somehow not be a "returning migrant" (or whatever the best word it). That's in theory a status that is rather static. As betelgeuse said above, you should have no problem renewing your permits, likely indefinitely.

Those that are most effected are people in jobs that are less than secure or in relationships that are less than secure. For those, their security to stay can change very quickly and without warning. This can cause people to stay in situations bad for them out of fear of losing their permission to live here, for instance.

jeetchel

Post by jeetchel » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:03 pm

Has anyone experienced long processing times for EU-P applications especially for applicants > 40 years. My application has been under processing for ~30 days even though I fulfill all conditions.