Citizenship residency permit is about to get prolonged to 8 years

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
dev-entrepreuner

Post by dev-entrepreuner » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:49 am

What are your thoughts on a new upcoming law?
I am a bit concerned, as I am eligible to apply for citizenship in May next year.
But now I feel like I just will not be able to apply anymore now (+3 years of waiting)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

shannze

Re: Citizenship residency permit is about to get prolonged to 8 years

Post by shannze » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:25 pm

According to my Understanding of the new proposals
Acquiring Permanent Residence permit has 3 or 4 new ways
1. Live for 6 years and pass YKI . than you can apply for Pr
2. Complete a degree or have a recognized degree and live for 4 years. Pass YkI. apply for PR
3. Earn 40000 a year, no need for YKI. apply PR after 4 years.

Citizenship
1. Live 8 years. Pass YKI, pass civic test.

LOSS of Residence permit for anyone on work permit A and living without a job for more than 3 months. (toughest law ever in finland)

All of the above in citizenship and PR require tougher rules regarding social and unemployment benefits taken. Character requirements are also been hardened. All of those details need to be checked in detail. (especially the amount a person can remain unemployed and take benefits)

As a verdict, getting a PR and Citizenship is going to be difficult in the future. Retaining an A permit for work is also going to be harder.

When would it become a law , is not known yet. still they were a crucial part of government negotiations . So imo they will be implemented in some or full form.
Terveisin

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:23 pm

shannze wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:25 pm
LOSS of Residence permit for anyone on work permit A and living without a job for more than 3 months. (toughest law ever in finland)
Wasn't that already possible under the current law?

shannze

Post by shannze » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:47 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:23 pm
shannze wrote:
no!

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:00 pm

shannze wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:47 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
shannze wrote:
no!
What is your source?

The law says:
Määräaikainen oleskelulupa voidaan peruuttaa, jos niitä edellytyksiä, joiden perusteella oleskelulupa myönnettiin, ei enää ole olemassa.

I do not see anything in the current Aliens Act stopping a new Interior Minister from ordering Migri to immediately cancel fixed-term residence permits on the basis of work when registering as unemployed.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:01 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:00 pm
I do not see anything in the current Aliens Act stopping a new Interior Minister from ordering Migri to immediately cancel fixed-term residence permits on the basis of work when registering as unemployed.
Ministers are not allowed to dictate administrative decisions to be taken. However, it’s correct that current law does already have the possibility. The practical problem is that without legislating a duty to TE to inform Migri, Migri would not find out. Migri did gain accesss to the incomes register recently so they could probably use that.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:07 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:01 pm
The practical problem is that without legislating a duty to TE to inform Migri, Migri would not find out. Migri did gain accesss to the incomes register recently so they could probably use that.
TE only knows if the person registers as unemployed, and no-one would do that if it triggers RP cancellation.

The sane way to get termination information to Migri would be to make reporting the employment relationship end date in the Incomes Register non-optional for private sector employers.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:21 am

The plan is to make it mandatory for the employer to report the termination of employment.

“ Säädetään laissa, että työnantajan on ilmoitettava työperäisellä oleskeluluvalla Suomessa oleskelevan työsuhteen loppumisesta Maahanmuuttovirastolle sanktion uhalla.”

https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/a/2 ... eb2e1f7a08

NansDrivel

Post by NansDrivel » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:21 am

My questions are:

- Will this apply only to new arrivals or will it also apply to those of us already living here?

- I have a Type A permit based on “remigration”. My grandfather was born here so I am (as of now) considered a “returnee”. So do the new changes impact people with my rather unique permit? I am not considered a refugee and I have no work or income requirements. I am retired. But now I have no idea where I stand.

This situation is distressing for all of us who are here as well as for people who are trying to get here. All my Finnish friends tell me not to worry, but I’m really anxious about the details, as we all are.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:22 pm

NansDrivel wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:21 am
My questions are:

- Will this apply only to new arrivals or will it also apply to those of us already living here?

- I have a Type A permit based on “remigration”. My grandfather was born here so I am (as of now) considered a “returnee”. So do the new changes impact people with my rather unique permit? I am not considered a refugee and I have no work or income requirements. I am retired. But now I have no idea where I stand.
The rules for permanent residence permits and citizenship will also apply to you.

I haven't seen anything regarding changing remigration residence permits, and even if there would be changes I would expect that people for whom this is already a valid ground would get a grandfather clause that it stays a valid ground for a residence permit for them.

shannze

Post by shannze » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:01 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:00 pm
shannze wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:47 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:

no!
What is your source?

The law says:
Määräaikainen oleskelulupa voidaan peruuttaa, jos niitä edellytyksiä, joiden perusteella oleskelulupa myönnettiin, ei enää ole olemassa.

Ministers can but usually it happens when the work A permit is a "company specific" as per my information. with the so called " Open A" residence permit, i have seen people leaving jobs, changing jobs, living on social benefits registered as unemployed. if it changes absolutely according the proposals, it will become difficult to retain an "A" permit. This is very difficult situation for those people who usually work 2 or 3 years on their four-year "A" residence permit and prepare for YKI exam in one of the year.

Also, i don't think ministers are involved at this micro level of situation of individuals and their residence permits.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:18 pm

shannze wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:01 pm
when the work A permit is a "company specific" as per my information. with the so called " Open A" residence permit, i have seen people leaving jobs, changing jobs, living on social benefits registered as unemployed.
Company specific residence permits are rare, and I do not think you can register as jobseeker with these since you do not have the right to work for any other company.

Restrictions to a specific field of work are common.
shannze wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:01 pm
if it changes absolutely according the proposals, it will become difficult to retain an "A" permit. This is very difficult situation for those people who usually work 2 or 3 years on their four-year "A" residence permit and prepare for YKI exam in one of the year.
People on a residence permit on the basis of work are supposed to work not only half of the time.

Spending a year full-time language learning for YKI 3 is ridiculous, this level can easily be reached during 4 years of language learning besides working.

browndude

Post by browndude » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:55 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:18 pm

Spending a year full-time language learning for YKI 3 is ridiculous, this level can easily be reached during 4 years of language learning besides working.
This is very true. After working in a Finnish speaking company for a few years, I had learnt the language well enough such that doing the YKI 3 did not requre any practice at all. Before that I had taked several courses and tried to study for the test on my own for several years with little success. The best way to learn would be to use it day to day. Unfortunately finding a Finnish-speaking employer willing to take someone without a decent level of Finnish at the outset is a bit difficult currently.
ImageImage

browndude

Post by browndude » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:56 pm

browndude wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:55 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:18 pm

This is very true. After working in a Finnish speaking company for a few years, I had learnt the language well enough such that doing the YKI 3 did not requre any practice at all-just showed up at the alloted time and did the test with minimun fuss. Before that I had taked several courses and tried to study for the test on my own for several years with little success. The best way to learn would be to use it day to day. Unfortunately finding a Finnish-speaking employer willing to take someone without a decent level of Finnish at the outset is a bit difficult currently.
ImageImage

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Good. Now extend it to 10 years.

People who live here even 10 years still speak !"#¤%-tier Finnish. You should be near native before they even consider you.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396