Extended RP for studies - not enough credits

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
atomdam

Post by atomdam » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:15 pm

Hi ! I am a foreign Bachelor student and my resident permit will be expiring in September.I am in the process of sending application to extend my permit, however during my first year, I only completed 38 credits and this year, I have completed 46 credits so far (and 10 more credits pending). I am afraid my application will be refused because of my first year, and I am really in need of everyone's advice. What should I do in this situation and do you know any lawyers that I can seek legal consultation ? (I am in Tampere).

Thank you so much in advance for any insights and advice ! I greatly appreciate it !

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

NetQ

Re: Extended RP for studies - not enough credits

Post by NetQ » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:41 pm

Just don't panic. I have been in the same situation before. Take whatever courses you can find on Campusonline until September, what matters is the credit not the course you took. There are many courses out there you can easily do and get credits.