Permanent Finnish driver license - how long did it take?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
NansDrivel

Post by NansDrivel » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:49 am

How long did it take for your permanent driver license to arrive? We’ve been waiting almost 3 months. When did you get yours?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

riku2

Re: Permanent Finnish driver license - how long did it take?

Post by riku2 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:57 pm

are you asking about the driving licence you get after passing a test in finland or you have a foreign licence (which country) and are exchanging it for a finnish one?

jperickson

Post by jperickson » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:57 pm

To exchange my US license for a Finnish one, it took 3 months. I saw on Facebook you said you have been waiting 2.5 months. That's normal.
"The process for exchanging your Contracting State driving licence at Traficom and receiving a Finnish driving licence in your home address will in most cases take around 2–3 months from submitting the application.

If the authencity of the foreign driving licence cannot be directly verified, or additional information is requested from the customer, processing the case may take up to 4 months from submitting the application."
https://ajokortti-info.fi/en/basic-info ... sh+licence

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:22 pm

BTW there is such thing as a permanent Finnish drivers license, they are for a limited time-albeit a long time-and have to be renewed. Anyhow, I exchanged my foreign drivers licence for a Finnish one and I got it done in a several weeks but this was almost 11 years ago mind you.
ImageImage