intimate relationship, doubts

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
brubc

Post by brubc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:09 pm

Can a residence permit visa for an intimate relationship be easily denied?

We've been dating for 1 year, we meet every 3-4 months, I'm 27 and he's 31, we both have good professions, we can easily prove our relationship as genuine. However, I want to apply for the visa for just 5 months because it's enough money I have and after these months we want to get married, for that we need to have this experience living together and I can see what it's like to be in Finland.

I'm scared because it's a residence that takes a long time to get a decision, and if they don't consider it positive, I believe that the reason for being denied could get in the way if I want to apply for a married residence permit in the future.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: intimate relationship, doubts

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:42 pm

brubc wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:04 pm
I´m native to Brazil and live in Portugal, I have a residence that was issued by Portugal for countries that speak the Portuguese language.
brubc wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:09 pm
Can a residence permit visa for an intimate relationship be easily denied?

We've been dating for 1 year, we meet every 3-4 months, I'm 27 and he's 31, we both have good professions, we can easily prove our relationship as genuine. However, I want to apply for the visa for just 5 months because it's enough money I have and after these months we want to get married, for that we need to have this experience living together and I can see what it's like to be in Finland.

I'm scared because it's a residence that takes a long time to get a decision, and if they don't consider it positive, I believe that the reason for being denied could get in the way if I want to apply for a married residence permit in the future.
I don't see why it should be denied, but I also don't see how your plan would make sense.

Why do you want to wait one year, and then live on a residence permit that does not even allow you to work?
You will only be allowed to work after you have married and after you have received a positive decision on the residence permit as a spouse.

As a Schengen resident you are allowed to visit Finland as a tourist for up to 90 days out of any 180-day period.
Visit for 3 months in winter and then after a 3 month gap for 3 months in summer, and live during these times together with your partner.
Or decide that living together for 3 months in the Finnish winter is as good as 5 months in summer, and marry if these 3 months worked fine.
brubc wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:12 pm
Do you think it is very difficult to find a job in Finland as a junior civil engineer? I'm not an EU citizen, and I don't live in Finland and don't speak Finnish, only intermediate English
Use the 3 months in Finland for starting to learn Finnish, it will be nearly impossible for you to find a job in your field until you are able to work in Finnish.