How long does it take to receive a permit card via courier

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
nocturnalemission

Post by nocturnalemission » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:11 am

[*] Hello everyone, my residence permit application went into processing on 29 Nov and was surprisingly accepted in 5 minutes, and I received a notification that a card has been ordered on the 30th. There seem to be no updates ever since. How long does it usually take? I applied at a VFS center outside of my country (as mentioned by the embassy).

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: How long does it take to receive a permit card via courier

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:59 pm

nocturnalemission wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:11 am
[*] Hello everyone, my residence permit application went into processing on 29 Nov and was surprisingly accepted in 5 minutes, and I received a notification that a card has been ordered on the 30th. There seem to be no updates ever since. How long does it usually take? I applied at a VFS center outside of my country (as mentioned by the embassy).
"You will receive the card via the Finnish embassy.

If you have not received your residence permit card within 6 weeks of the making of the decision, please email the Finnish Immigration Service at [email protected]."

https://migri.fi/en/residence-permit-card

nocturnalemission

Re: How long does it take to receive a permit card via courier

Post by nocturnalemission » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:06 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:59 pm
nocturnalemission wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:11 am
"You will receive the card via the Finnish embassy.

If you have not received your residence permit card within 6 weeks of the making of the decision, please email the Finnish Immigration Service at [email protected]."

https://migri.fi/en/residence-permit-card
Yeah, went over that. It would be nice if there were some updates or tracking information for the courier since I have no idea where the process currently stands.