Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
xfromy

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by xfromy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:01 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:41 pm
curiousVK wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:31 pm
is it possible to guess when the decisions of the queue 5658 or 133** diary numbers will be done (based on your data & analysis)?
You can try to do that yourself based on the number of applications processed each week and the "sweet spot" median.

If they process roughly 100-120 applications per week above the threshold and current median is 12903, then I would estimate that 133** will be processed in the next 3-4 weeks.
The processed application is around 150+ per week if we take average from recent.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kippuax

Post by Kippuax » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:57 pm

xfromy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:39 am
When can we expect 16XX processing to get started? I have applied mid december and currently on 66xx queue number with diary number starting from 16xxx.
Could I ask you guys here that 🤔 how someone has a bigger diary number but smaller in the queue. I meant I also applied in mid Dec, with a diary number of 15xxx and now queue is 69xx. Would this is based on different ground of applications or date od visiting mirgi?

ckprtn

Post by ckprtn » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:29 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:43 pm
ckprtn wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:04 pm
Hello! Thanks for your analysis and sharing the csv file. Could you possibly upload csv data for the two other queues? Thank you!
The file includes statistics for all three queues
Yes, correct. Thank you!

just_passing_by

Post by just_passing_by » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:34 pm

xfromy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:01 pm

The processed application is around 150+ per week if we take average from recent.
Yes, I miscalculated.
Then the 133** will be reached even sooner: 2-3 weeks.

just_passing_by

Post by just_passing_by » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:40 pm

Kippuax wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:57 pm
Could I ask you guys here that 🤔 how someone has a bigger diary number but smaller in the queue. I meant I also applied in mid Dec, with a diary number of 15xxx and now queue is 69xx. Would this is based on different ground of applications or date od visiting mirgi?
AFAIK, the diary number is created when you submit your application (or maybe even when you create its' draft).
But it is put in the queue only after it is processed by the Migri officer.
So the differences between queue number and diary number may be caused by the fact that it took Migri officers longer to process one of applications, or one was required to visit Migri service point and the processing of the application was only started after that.
There are probably some other cases.

xfromy

Post by xfromy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:14 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:40 pm
Kippuax wrote:
AFAIK, the diary number is created when you submit your application (or maybe even when you create its' draft).
So the differences between queue number and diary number may be caused by the fact that it took Migri officers longer to process one of applications, or one was required to visit Migri service point and the processing of the application was only started after that.
In my view, the queue is just an estimate and everyone can have different queue number. As you are not supposed to wait till you reach 1 in queue. So having queue number up and down is not that important.
And I guess if they process by diary number, 15xx would come before 16xx.
For my case, I was asked to visit migri and exact date when I visited was 15th Dec.

Kippuax

Post by Kippuax » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:40 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:40 pm
Kippuax wrote:
Thank you for your information! But whether it will affect somehow to the progression time. Well I guess cannot do any thing than waiting for the result now. And it seems December 2023 progress will come some time, tho I have no idea

Oussbe7

Post by Oussbe7 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:17 pm

Today I received the 6th automatic email from Migri that my application is waiting to be processed (Hakemus odottaa käsittelyä / Waiting for processing ) applied October 1st and queue number 5218 . Customer number 12267/310/2023 . Now I start to have a feeling my application is on the long queue , even though I’m married to Finnish citizen and my daughter is Finnish and I work as a manager . Hard luck 🤕

BlossomL

Post by BlossomL » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:40 pm

Oussbe7 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:17 pm
Today I received the 6th automatic email from Migri that my application is waiting to be processed (Hakemus odottaa käsittelyä / Waiting for processing ) applied October 1st and queue number 5218 . Customer number 12267/310/2023 . Now I start to have a feeling my application is on the long queue , even though I’m married to Finnish citizen and my daughter is Finnish and I work as a manager . Hard luck 🤕
I applied 1.11.2023, and my queue number is 5770. I have the same family situation as you. I was hoping that these will put us in the faster queue. Please do keep us updated on your progress.

gr8ray

Post by gr8ray » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:37 pm

farhad.void wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:25 pm
gr8ray wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:48 pm
Hello everyone,
I need to know your valuable advice regarding the following matter.
I submitted my citizenship application at the end of October 2023. Until last month, I got following waiting for processing message from migri:
Waiting for processing
Hello!
Your application is waiting for processing.
At the moment, there is backlog in the processing of citizenship applications. We will inform you when the processing of your application begins. We will contact you if additional information is needed for your application. Please wait patiently. If necessary, you can supplement your application or inform us of any changes. Further information:
migri.fi/en/notify us of changes
At the moment, estimated processing times are as follows:
http://migri.fi/.../check-the-processing-time-of-your...
You can also ask Kamu the Chatbot about the processing of your application. You will find Kamu on migri.fi.
Kind regards, Finnish Immigration Service
This message does not require measures from you. You cannot send a reply to this message.
But today morning I got following waiting for processing message from migri:
Your application is waiting to be processed – supplement the application
Dear customer,
Your application is waiting to be processed. We will inform you when the processing begins.
While you are waiting, please update your application with the following information:
Travels outside Finland Inform us of whether you have travelled outside Finland after submitting your application. If you have, we need to know the following: -To what country did you travel? -What was the reason for the trip? -When did you leave Finland and when did you return to Finland?
Sources of income Send us documents as proof of your current income source. -If you have changed jobs, send us your new employment contract.
You do not need to send proof of your income if: -there have not been any changes in your employment relationships after you submitted your application; -you are receiving benefits from Kela; or -you are receiving money from a Finnish pension or health insurance fund.
The Finnish Immigration Service will use the Incomes Register to obtain information about the payments made by Kela, Finnish pension funds and Finnish health insurance funds.
For more information on how you can prove your sources of income, see the page migri.fi/citizenship-application/means-of-support. Send your reply using the online service Enter Finland if you have submitted an online application. If you have submitted a paper application, you can send your reply by post or by email. If you are sending us documents, please send them as encrypted email from the website securemail.migri.fi.
To find out the expected processing time of your application, see http://migri.fi/check-the-processing-time-of-your.... You can also ask our chatbot, Kamu, about the progress of the application. You will find Kamu at the address migri.fi/chat1.
Best regards, Finnish Immigration Service
You cannot respond to this message.
So in this situation should I supplement my application as I traveled outside of Finland for around 35 to 40 days after submitting my citizenship application?
Looking forward to valuable advice on it. :D :lightbulb:
Yes, you login to your enterfinland account and provide the travel information by using suppliment form. You can find it in the left menu bar.
BTW, did you visit outside Europe or inside?
Hello, thank you for your reply. I travelled to my country through Sweden where I stayed 38 days in my country and 4-5 nights in Stockholm, Sweden.

karhu86

Post by karhu86 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:36 pm

Oussbe7 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:17 pm
I dont want to be a party pooper, but i guess migri doesn't look at applications that way. i came here in 2014 for my phd and since then i have been working as an assistant professor. i passed yki, never been on kela, and i dont have any records what so ever, i dont even own a car haha. still i have been waiting for 18 months. i know a guy who came here as an asylum seeker, never worked in finland, and proved his language skills with a course certificate (which is always seen as trying to go around the system in finland) and still his application was processed in 20 months. i hope you get you positive decision soon, also i believe 6 month is not that long waiting period. best of luck!
Last edited by karhu86 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

karhu86

Post by karhu86 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:38 pm

any good news from the 2022 people

kriffer

Post by kriffer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:06 pm

karhu86 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:38 pm
Still waiting... "good news" - it reaches 22 months . Applied in the middle of june 2022, now the queue is 13xx .
As for the way Migri processes the applications... well, it is uncertain. I was trying to see trending in csv file (kudos to just_passing_by :thumbsup: ) but
it looks like there are some internal criterias that affect when the certain application will be taken for processing. There are lot of 2022 apps were processed in 2023 (august - december), also some apps where processed being in , say, queue number 3000-4000 and , at some apps with queue number 500-1000. At the same time queue number 300 - 600 are still in pending status...
Some apps before me with queue number 2000-3000 , some apps after me were processed 2-5 months ago...
I don't know, it looks like a kind of rotating drum randomly choosing the numbers :D so worth sitting back, relax and see

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:00 pm

karhu86 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:38 pm
No, unfortunately. Still waiting... Applied in 08/2022, queue number now around 1800. Patience is a virtue, they say... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Br_fi

Post by Br_fi » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:16 am

After 10 months and a half of waiting I'm officially in the 3000s queue (399×)

I also believed that I had a straightforward case but nope. Also have updated my application so many times (trips, new work contract etc) that it looks huge now.

All we can do is wait anyway.