Spouse Rp

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Gopika

Spouse Rp

Post by Gopika » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:22 pm

Hi,

My work contract ends within 9 months. Is there still a possibility for my spouse to get a rp on family ties?

Spouse Rp

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Spouse Rp

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:28 pm

Gopika wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:22 pm
My work contract ends within 9 months. Is there still a possibility for my spouse to get a rp on family ties?
When does the validity of your RP end?
The validity of the RP of your spouse cannot be longer than the validity of your residence permit.

If you plan to leave Finland in 9 months, it wouldn't make sense for her to apply for a residence permit since the processing time means the decision would be made not much earlier than your move away from Finland.

Gopika

Re: Spouse Rp

Post by Gopika » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:52 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:28 pm
Gopika wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:22 pm
When does the validity of your RP end?
The validity of the RP of your spouse cannot be longer than the validity of your residence permit.

If you plan to leave Finland in 9 months, it wouldn't make sense for her to apply for a residence permit since the processing time means the decision would be made not much earlier than your move away from Finland.
Thanks for the response.