Leave policy in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
revathi

Leave policy in Finland

Post by revathi » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:55 pm

Hi,

I am a non EU resident. I have questions regarding leave policy in Finland. can we get 1 month leave in IT jobs after immediate joining or after working 1 or 2 months ? is there any rule or requirement that we should work for at least some months to apply for leave?

Thank you

Leave policy in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Leave policy in Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:19 pm

revathi wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:55 pm
I am a non EU resident. I have questions regarding leave policy in Finland. can we get 1 month leave in IT jobs after immediate joining or after working 1 or 2 months ? is there any rule or requirement that we should work for at least some months to apply for leave?
"The accrual of holiday days is calculated on the basis of the holiday credit year, which is from 1 April to 31 March. For an employment relationship that has lasted less than a year on 31 March, the employee is entitled to two weekdays of holiday for each full holiday credit month. For an employment relationship that has continued uninterrupted for a year on 31 March, the employee is entitled to two and a half days of holiday for each full holiday credit month. "

https://tyosuojelu.fi/en/employment-rel ... l-holidays

Basically you will not have anything immediately. You will have to negotiate in your employment contract, if you need/want to take some time off immediately.

FinlandGirl

Re: Leave policy in Finland

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:53 pm

revathi wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:55 pm
If you start working today, you will earn 2 days of paid vacation you can use between April 2024 and March 2025.
You won't have any additional paid vacation days before April 2025.

Taking 1 month unpaid off immediately after joining would be very unusual, you should ask your employer to start the employment 1 month later.