child support cut..

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kelly1992

child support cut..

Post by kelly1992 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:16 pm

i read the news about goverment cut child support money. Lapsikorotusten poisto.

i still fully understand about this and how this will effect me and my daughter.

can anyone explain this to me ? will goverment remove everything ?

child support cut..

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

aakalim

Re: child support cut..

Post by aakalim » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:16 pm

As i understand, its not the child support that is cut, rather the child increases to the unemployment benefits are removed. Currently people on unemployment benefits are given an increased benefit if they have children and it depends on the number of children they have. It is this child increase that is cut.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:38 am

kelly1992 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:16 pm
i read the news about goverment cut child support money. Lapsikorotusten poisto.

i still fully understand about this and how this will effect me and my daughter.

Basically it means this:
You receive either unemployment benefits or labor market subsidy, which comes down to the same thing, you get money from Kela to survive when you are jobless.
Now this amounts to EUR 37.21 per day before tax = ± EUR 800 a month, on top of this (until 01.04.2024) you receive EUR 5,84 a day = ± EUR 120 a month before tax, for your daughter.
Now this EUR 120 will disappear, so you before tax income will decrease with 120 euros a month.
So when you pay 20% tax, your current netto income is EUR 736 a month (note Kela pays not per month but per 4 weeks so this is less).
Your netto income after 01.04.2024 will be EUR 640 a month which is EUR 96 less.

On top of this, you housing benefits will get lower, from max 85% of the rent to max 70% of the rent, starting the next evaluation decision.

Also the money you can earn without being cut in your benefits (max 300 EUR) will disappear at 01.04.2024, so when you have an additional income of EUR 300 a month for doing work on a Saturday and Sunday as a Cook in a restaurant (for example) this will be deducted for 50% from your employment pay as well starting 01.04.2024, so there less incentive to working part time, unless you get a significant pay raise of 100%.

This will cause the need for a 150€ raise in monthly salary to be paid for a lot of gig workers, artists, part time cleaners and nurses typically.

Above calculation does not account for earnings related unemployment benefits if you have those.

Note, you are really screwed if you live in a shareholders apartment and pay maintenance costs, you will no longer receive housing benefits for the maintenance charge starting 01.01.2025.

concreteimpress

Post by concreteimpress » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:19 pm

kelly1992 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:16 pm

i still fully understand about this and how this will effect me and my daughter. snow rider

I got the same question as you