Very expensive cars,what do you think?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.

Do you that cheaper cars will have a good impact among finns?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:50 pm

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 22

alintatoc

Post by alintatoc » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:50 pm

Finland has very very expensive cars compared to other european countries.What do you think abou that?
Is there any solution for this problem?
"European Union"?...Where...if you can buy a car from Germany with 5000 Euros and from Finland with 12000 euros?...Do you think that this is fair?

Give arguments if you have!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

haahatus

Post by haahatus » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:10 pm

No I think it sucks. Old cars pollute more and are less safe. Ah and the tram doesent go everywhere.

alintatoc

Post by alintatoc » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:17 pm

haahatus wrote:No I think it sucks. Old cars pollute more and are less safe. Ah and the tram doesent go everywhere.
I'm not talking about old cars! Every car is expensive in Finland.
Old cars are cheap....where is the contrast of what you've said...old cars pollute more but the streets from FInland are full with old cars because new cars are twice more expensive then any other country in Europe.
did you considered that?...I think not!!!!
Search the web to see what differences are betwen Finland and any other country in Europe!!!

ambl

Post by ambl » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:41 pm

It's the car tax that makes cars in Finland expensive. But don't worry, it's supposedly only a temporary tax.

Mook

Post by Mook » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:46 pm

haahatus wrote:No I think it sucks. Old cars pollute more
Given the amount of energy it takes to build a new car, it's more environmentally friendly to keep on running an older car.
---
Image http://blog.enogastronomist.com | http://blog.enogastronomisti.com

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:47 pm

It was set temporary in 1958. So cars older than that are very cheap probably :twisted:

Then again it used to be 120%... but now its only 30% + 22% non-VAT

Then again one can go to Denmark to buy a car and pay 180% car tax +25% VAT ;)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

alintatoc

Post by alintatoc » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:52 pm

ambl wrote:It's the car tax that makes cars in Finland expensive. But don't worry, it's supposedly only a temporary tax.
How can you explain that for example :
1. Mitsubishi Evo VIII in Finland is more then 60000 euros.
In any other european country is not more then 40000 euros.It's almost twice.
2. Second hand cars : in Germany you buy a VW GOLF 4,2000 with 5500 Euros, while in Finland you can buy with 5500 euros maybe a VW GOLF 3!

....A good WV GOLF 4 like in germany you buy it from here with more then 9500 euros...!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:55 pm

Well go to Germany and buy your car there. Then have the customs make you pay for import the tax + VAT. Then calculate. Then you have the answer.
Cheers, Hank W.

alintatoc

Post by alintatoc » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:59 pm

Hank W. wrote:Well go to Germany and buy your car there. Then have the customs make you pay for import the tax + VAT. Then calculate. Then you have the answer.
I know about custom in Finland.But why? European Union with custom?...strange man...
If you buy a car from France and register the car in Austria you don't pay any custom like in Finland.

Do you think that paying this custom is fair considering that Finland is in the European Union for many years!....How about that...

One of my friends bought a Bmw 1994 from Germany with 3500 euros and he paid custom 4000 euros,more then the car! Is that European Union?...It seems like everybody makes his own rules,but they want 1 UNION?.... :))

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:01 pm

Its not a customs fee, its a tax. And it used to be bigger, the guys battled 10 years in EU court to get it down.
Cheers, Hank W.

alintatoc

Post by alintatoc » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:15 pm

Hank W. wrote:Its not a customs fee, its a tax. And it used to be bigger, the guys battled 10 years in EU court to get it down.
What guys?...Every European Country is deciding it's own rulles regarding the custom, how can "the guys" battled 10 years in EU court?...
They don't want to lower the tax! It's their law which make the cars expensive.
European Union doesn't have anything to gain from Finland's car custom, only the finnish car dealers are the ones who gain A LOT! It's simple : They buy a car from Germany with 20000 euros,they pay taxes in Finland,around 8000 euros,and after that they sell the car with 40000 euros...DO THE MATH!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:26 pm

alintatoc wrote: What guys?...Every European Country is deciding it's own rulles regarding the custom, how can "the guys" battled 10 years in EU court?...
This decision
http://curia.eu.int/jurisp/cgi-bin/gett ... RET&where=()
Cheers, Hank W.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:39 pm

alintatoc wrote: If you buy a car from France and register the car in Austria you don't pay any custom like in Finland.
Yeah, genius, you pay Normverbrauchsabgabe and 20% VAT... how does that differ?
Cheers, Hank W.

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:47 pm

Hank W. wrote:
alintatoc wrote: If you buy a car from France and register the car in Austria you don't pay any custom like in Finland.
Oh come on, Hank, dont come with such small and irrelevant technical details when the man is on a mission! :twisted: :wink:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

alintatoc

Post by alintatoc » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:19 pm

Hank W. wrote:
Ok.If so, let's take into consideration 1 example,I will give you an example : the Mitsubishi Evo VIII in Finland price .I've chosen this because is not manufactured in EU. http://www.mitsubishi.fi/models/lancere ... ii/prices/ = € 57.690,0

..and Mitsubishi Evo VIII in:
1. Austria : http://distributor-austria-pictures.jav ... 437815.pdf = 48.500 Euros

2. Germany : http://www.mitsubishi-motors.de/ = 39.000 Euros

You can also check all the Mitsubshi models or any other car manufacturer and you can see the differences....which are not similar at all!

Take a look!

You can also check Mitsubishi Belgium,France,
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.fr/models/ ... ii/prices/
Italy : http://www.mitsuauto.it/gamma/listino.asp?mId=1