FINLAND - CANADA (world junior ice hockey championship)

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
jmbullet
Location: Listening to The Rasmus dreaming about my life with them in Finland... but I'm stuck in Canada !!!

Post by jmbullet » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:48 am

hei I've been watching the games Finland-Sweden and Finland-Canada and I was pretty down because most of the Finnish players haven't done much and Tuukka Rask got all the work ? anyone thinking like me ?

I fell in love with Finnish music (mostly The Rasmus... or I should say more Lauri Ylönen !!!) and now I can't get up !!!

MOVING TO FINLAND ASAP !!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Mark I.

Post by Mark I. » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:18 pm

Bronze game Finland - USA was entertaining to watch. Finland won 4-2.

A bit surpricing the Canadian public in Vancouver was booing to Americans (and not as dissappointed by their perfomance).

sisu power

Americans being booed by Canadians in hockey

Post by sisu power » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:34 pm

Hmm. Americans are the next-door superpower who show no interest in their neighbours to the north. While I would say that individuals quite like individual Americans, in general, they're seen as louder, pushier and more arrogant. Generally, American victories would not be celebrated. And Canadian hockey fans would respect the hard-working style of the Finns.

sisu power

Post by sisu power » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:42 pm

my last post came across too strong. i should stress that individual to individual there is no problem, and many Canadians are very fond of travelling in the States and enjoy the more outgoing and friendly personalities. hopefully, that provides some balance to my previous comments.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:45 pm

Oh, just offend them, they need to be offended, they require it. Ahhmigawwd this Canuck is affendin mah countree...

As a sidenote, the Olympics coverage has totally blown any WC games being shown. A bit of a bad timing.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

mossman

Post by mossman » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:49 pm

Probably upset everybody but I,ve NEVER seen such a miserable looking bunch of supposed sportsmen recieve a silver medal, OK it was the arch enemy Sweden but the open distaste shown by the finns at losing must have made that gold all the sweeter.
Damn it ,it was a silver and they took out some of the worlds best to get it and don't duck under the over used excuse "but thats how finnish men behave when they're upset ", makes 'em sound like a bunch of hysterical schoolgirls. :wink:
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.