M and Ms day out. Thursday 1st June to Suomenlinna

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Thu May 25, 2006 12:32 pm

Last week we decided that as most people will be heading off for the summer we should have a day out.

It is also Yki and H's leaving 'party'. Yki will be leaving Finland for good :( at the beginning of July so this would be a nice way of saying farewell.

We plan on meeting by the Suomenlinna ferry (market place) at 12pm on the thursday.

If you'd like to join us please bring some food/snacks/drinks that everyone can share. I think M&P mentioned she has a small portable BBQ.

Please can you add your name to this thread so that we know that you are coming- that way we can wait for you if you are late.

The ferry is free if you have a stroller/pram.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hunaja

we´ll come

Post by Hunaja » Fri May 26, 2006 10:09 am

Hi there,
Froggy and I are gonna join and we´ll bring the drinks (rosé, juice and sodas) for the moms. Next thursday : perfect day and time for us. I hope it suits everybody and the good weather will be with us.

Have a nice weekend,
Hunaja

M&P

Post by M&P » Fri May 26, 2006 2:00 pm

Greetings from Greece!

I'm in -or out, or will be, I mean... So see you at the ferry! I'll bring bread and Brie. If we want to make BBQ it would be best that everyone brings her own sausages/meat etc. Ok?

I think we will be there with a new tooth in the upper jaw! Thank god it's coming now and not week ago...

-M

RA

Post by RA » Fri May 26, 2006 2:17 pm

Hi! We'll be happy to join you too since we get into Hki on Wednesday. We can bring a papaya salad.
saving chimpanzees is a big hairy deal

happymum

Post by happymum » Sat May 27, 2006 7:44 am

we will be there since i'm on holiday now we really missed every one. can't wait to see how every one's baby has grow. we will bring some meat 4 d BBQ. and drinks.
see you there.............
Always Love, Happymum 2 Wendy, Williams & Whitney

scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Mon May 29, 2006 10:29 pm

Anyone else?

M&P

Post by M&P » Tue May 30, 2006 9:50 am

If the weather will be okay (it seems that clouds&rain is expected for thu... :( ) I'll bring the BBQ (it's actually a friend of mine's but I can loan it). As for myself, I'll probably buy something to barbeque from Stockmann's food dept just before.
What is our plan B, where shall we meet if it's cold and rainy? How about Fazer cafe?

micky

Post by micky » Tue May 30, 2006 10:08 am

After the embassy ordeal (not yet completed), the mother-in-law, the freshly imported norwegian cold, I'm now coughing away as the bug seems to be rather stubborn...4 weeks at home, ha. However I'd love to come and say hello, so I'll play it by ear on thursday but at least I'll try to come at the meeting point and might bring along dessert (of course, what else...). But hey, what happens after this one? Is anyone going to be around to endure the torrid finnish summer...

Ciao!
micky

esmommy

we're a maybe

Post by esmommy » Tue May 30, 2006 11:45 am

Hi,
This sounds like a great idea!
Ellen and I will try to come, but won't be able to be there until 2.00 at the earliest. Where on the island are you going to go?
esmommy

suomeksi

Post by suomeksi » Tue May 30, 2006 12:01 pm

Hi guys,

L. and I will be there as well. We will bring mushroom cake (vegetarian food). See you all Thursday!

PS: If the weather does not permit plan A, where is Fazer Cafe? Maybe I should rephrase that, which one? Esplanadi?

Yky

Post by Yky » Tue May 30, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi,

I just got back from holiday!

Thank you for your joining!! :D I hope weather on thu will be fine, at least cloudy!!! I'll bring my friends(I don't know yet how many) and Japanese food.

If it rain..., what should we plan ? When should we decide to take the plan? Wed night? Thu morning?

Hunaja

oh m...e !

Post by Hunaja » Tue May 30, 2006 8:25 pm

Hi there,
Looks like it´ll be a rainy 10oC thursday.

So I suggest : on thursday morning, everyone checks the post to get the same info (joining at the harbor or not)

If it is a rainy day, then we´ll all join at Fazer ( Kluuvikatu 3, Hski).
(The day at Suomenlinna will be organized later if we don´t make it next thu),
Is that ok ? I can post on thursday around 9pm
Hunaja

scoobymcdoo

Post by scoobymcdoo » Tue May 30, 2006 8:37 pm

Good idea- check this board on Thursday morning- if it looks like the weather prediction is wrong and it will be sunny then we shall meet at the ferry at 12pm. If the weather is crap then we can meet in Fazers instead at the same time.

We can reschedule the picnic if need be for the following week- if i am able to walk by then (marathon this saturday).

See you soon

Hannah

ww.fmi.fi for weather

M&P

Post by M&P » Wed May 31, 2006 2:50 pm

Hello everybody!

Great to see so many will be coming tomorrow :) Unfortunately the weather forecast still promises bad weather for thursday. But they predicted showers for today also... anyway, tomorrow morning we'll see.

Fazer is by Kluuvikatu, next to Maxim movie theatre; walk Aleksanterinkatu ~100m away from Stocmann and turn right to Kluuvikatu.

BTW, better weather should be coming next week, so maybe we get to Suomenlinna then at the latest...

-M

Yky

Post by Yky » Wed May 31, 2006 9:43 pm

Hi,

It was really sany wanderful day today!! I hope tomorrow will be like today too...!!! But... all the wether forecast I've checked expects it'll be rain for tomorrow, unfortunately :cry:

I hope rainy cloud will go away very very quickly!

I gonna see tomorrow morning anyway.

See you tomorrow!