Finnish ignorance or what?

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
simon

Post by simon » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:32 pm

Yosso

Whats the story in your www to do with?

fathers.ca/perspective

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Yosso

Post by Yosso » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:43 pm

My ex was a real bitch when it came to the divorce. I live and work and work in the Far East so I get paid well. She wanted all and told a lot of lies about the expenses in Finland to inflate her claim. Example I paid 1000euros child support per kid. Anyway she then applied to have all the legal stuff recognised under Finnish law thinking it would protect her, wrong it protects me. Now we are going back to court in Finland as I took her to court under finnish law. Now she must justify why she needs so much. She is now a lesbian living witgh anothe woman, all they do is spend the weekend drunk while the kids are dumped with the grand parents. So........ I got a private investigator to do some chekcing and take picutres and vidoes, she is not allow to cohabit, which she is, ort she is but must declare that she. Now she is in a mess and wants to settle out of court, well I got screwed once and once was enough. Now its her turn. What I can't believe is that the law is so much in my favour, we have been to court once and magistrate was really impolite to her then she got ordered to show her living expences etc etc. All interesting stuff.
Why you ask?
Y.

zoltar

Post by zoltar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:47 pm

I'd laugh if I didn't find that so excrutiatingly predictable. I know if my sister-in-law has kids that our kids will be forgotten about as it has always been fairly clear that I'm an outsider and the offspring are not quite Finnish.

I suppose in a country where mixed couples choose their kids' names carefully so as to sound as Finnish as possible to lessen their chances of getting discriminated against in school and in future job hunting this really should be par for the course. Still, it's not something you want to subject your kids to at such an early age.

zoltar

Post by zoltar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:55 pm

Damn, what's the deal with expats who have Finnish ex-es who get the kids and then commit suicide or are raging alcos? This is something like the 6th or 7th story like that I've heard in the past two or three months...and doesn't include the expat colleague whose 17 year old son suddenly came to live with him after his mother offed herself 2 days before xmas.

simon

Post by simon » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:11 pm

just curious really. Bit of a nasty story but I guess like Zoltar said you hear them stories all the time and I still cant believ them!!!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:15 pm

Ah, but have you never heard of divine justice? :twisted:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

zoltar

Post by zoltar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:32 pm

I don't know if the kids would find it so divine.....

Yosso

Post by Yosso » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:32 pm

Thats a true story and thats why the Finnish court got so much bad press world wide. Things changed after that as in attitudes. And yea Hank I believe in divine justice but sometimes it difficult to wait.

All I am trying to do is spare my kids anymore abuse. Their mum uses them to fund her life style, by the way it has taken me 5 years to put my case together. I think she thought I would never do it, so little bit by little bit I did.

Hard to beat the video and photographic evidence. As we say if you give someone enough rope they will hang themselves. Patience is also a wonderful thing.

As I said my kids come first, what I am doing is for them, nothing more.

Krisztina

Post by Krisztina » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:10 pm

1000 euro/kid, wow. And at the same time, I know family where foreigner mum is stucked in Finland after divorcing finnish daddy, who is paying now the minimum, some 200 euro/child :( and she can not even return to home country.

Yosso

Post by Yosso » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:33 pm

Thats pretty tough, I don't care about the money I do care that it is spent on drugs and alcohol and not on the kids. Now that makes me angry.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:06 pm

Yosso wrote:Thats pretty tough, I don't care about the money I do care that it is spent on drugs and alcohol and not on the kids. Now that makes me angry.
I hope that things will go fine. Because women (not all) know how to manupulate the situation in their favor (crying, sobbing...pretending to be a victim) There should be a "counter sue" law.
Image Image

Yosso

Post by Yosso » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:37 am

I hope they go ok too. Nobody said the world was fair, and there are many more bad people than good. But my view is that good will prevail in the end. Some things just take time.

efx

Post by efx » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:40 pm

Yosso wrote:I hope they go ok too. Nobody said the world was fair, and there are many more bad people than good. But my view is that good will prevail in the end. Some things just take time.

:thumbsup:
fighting with hatred feeds the rich men