Wedding in Porvoo

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
MontyB

Wedding in Porvoo

Post by MontyB » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:10 pm

Moi

I shall be marrying my beautiful Finnish Fiancé in Porvoo on 17th Feb 2007 :D

Porvoo is not her home Parish and we are having trouble getting the exact name of the Priest; does anyone have contact details for a Priest in Porvoo (or close by) who could conduct the service in both Finnish and English??

[a less important ps: Does anyone have any tourist/nightlife tips for our English (respectable :P ) guests that will be visiting this lovely town?]

hei hei

Tony aka nappisilmä :lol:

Wedding in Porvoo

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:21 pm

Well, now that the cathedral burnt, I'd really go somewhere else. Unless you want to listen to chippies hammering the roof. The wooden church and the chapel didn't burn though.

Porvoo... umpfh.. Haikon Kartano of course for the reception, unless you want to stay in the city itself. Then you might check out the HELIA Porvoo's hotel school restaurant "Iris". Its central and they have decent rates. Nightlife in Porvoo? :lol: Huorahovi is still there, someone recently local can fill up the rest.
Last edited by Hank W. on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Pilvii

Post by Pilvii » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:25 pm

I am going to Haiko Kartano and Porvoo this weekend - will let you know if I see anything good :D
*_* PILVII *_*

senni

Post by senni » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:46 pm

I'm living in Porvoo but I'm not a member of church here.Like Hank said,church here burned and everytime since this all the ceremony are in small church.There isn't many space and there isn't nothing special(when you compare to big church) but if you want that I can ask about some details some person who could know something more.Just let me know if there is something.
greetings
Don't forget about me;-)

MontyB

Post by MontyB » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:54 pm

Moi Senni, thanks for the reply. We now have a Priest from Porvoo who speaks English so that's a relief :D We are getting married in the small Church; shame about the Big Church but that's life and at least the guy who burnt it down is going to Prison!!!

Kiitos

Tony

senni

Post by senni » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:05 pm

So have a happy start of your new part of live soon!!!
Maybe this day I will walk there close by and will see you and you wonderful lady:).
bye:)
Don't forget about me;-)