new address information to KELA and Taxman

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:33 pm

I moved from Helsinki to Espoo
I am wondering if I need to go to KELA or Tax office personally/call them or changing address to post office is enough?

My in-laws say that post office errand is enough but I am not sure about it though

Image Image

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:57 pm

Tax man should not be a problem as the greater Helsinki area main office is in Myyrmäki/Vantaa anyway. but sod law rules so...if you dont get a tax form next year...best call them...or pop into the tax office is Espoo it is behind Stockmanns in Tapiola somewhere..

But Kela..is a law unto itself..based on experience..when I moved from Kannelmäki to Vantaa..I wrongly assumed Kannelmäki would inform Kela in Vantaa...
Wrong when I had occasion to renew my kela card coz old one was getting tatty...Vantaa did not have my data in their system....But it was no big deal they sucked it out of Kannelmäki heti..
Last edited by sinikettu on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People do not become more irritable as they grow old - they simply stop making the effort to avoid annoying others.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:58 pm

I think it is magic.... no need to run around. But it might take a while for some private commercial companies to update their database (eg S-kortti etc). And I have noticed that the Post Office is brilliant at forwarding mail. I have had letters posted to my old address that have eventually arrived here and we moved 5 years ago!!!!
Don't worry... the tax man will find you!

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:43 pm

Thanks guys for the help Image
Image Image

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:11 pm

You actually get it the easiest done calling the magic number they have 0203 456 456

If you fill in the big multiple form you need to tick in the boxes that you "change address" as in post office delivery and "move domicile" as in officially to the maistraatti.

KELA and Tax Office say "piss off" as "you are in the computer" - you need to get the "right computer" to be informed which the "other computers" believe ;)

You'll get an automated letter saying who moved to your address within a week. From the väestörekisterikeskus... if you don't get one, you haven't moved ;)

Oh, and it pays to shell out the post office the money to forward stuff for the whole year.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:12 am

Thanks Hank for the detailed reply Image
Image Image