Deleted by creator.

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
jazzori

Deleted by creator.

Post by jazzori » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:05 pm

*text missing* :)
Last edited by jazzori on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Free your mind and the rest will follow!

Deleted by creator.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:13 pm

On a quick look the http://www.mol.fi has very few vacancies for esoteric hippies that write eloquent passages in obscure languages, even if they type fast... nevermind what is your profession/training/qualifications?
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:18 pm

You could maybe become Finland's answer to Jazzy Jeff?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HBXJxxsCds

Yours could perhaps be called, "winö-winötaim, perkele on kylmä" :)
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:34 pm

Karhunkoski wrote:You could maybe become Finland's answer to Jazzy Jeff?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HBXJxxsCds

Yours could perhaps be called, "winö-winötaim, perkele on kylmä" :)
that's nothing compared to this guy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKeVKwyIn1I
Get in there...

blaugrau

Post by blaugrau » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:40 pm

hey there,

you're best bet is maybe to contact all the companies looking for cleaners. You maybe know enough Finnish to use the unemployment office's search engine: as Hank said, http://www.mol.fi/paikat.

Put "turku" into the "kunta" field, and "siivooja" into the "sanahaku" field, and then good luck..

If you've worked as an aupair before, you probably have the paperwork sorted out already? Are you registered as permanent with the maistraatti?

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Hank W. wrote:On a quick look the http://www.mol.fi has very few vacancies for esoteric hippies that write eloquent passages in obscure languages, even if they type fast... nevermind what is your profession/training/qualifications?
Why do i sense sarcasm and why do i feel this is NOT the time? Maybe cause I'm right. I just want to work, ok? W-o-r-k, no need of j-e-r-k-s, thank you.
Let's say my qualification is tietokoneoperattori.. But i'm willing to do stuff.. just to earn an existence here.
Hippies, hippies, what's wrong with hippies? Did they try a new way of life you need some balls and a spark of madness to do it?

Thanks for the link.

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:58 pm

Oh, come on, guys... That's not even close to jazzy :D That's some sad 90s rappish style... :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the attention... :)

J.

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:59 pm

blaugrau wrote:hey there,

you're best bet is maybe to contact all the companies looking for cleaners. You maybe know enough Finnish to use the unemployment office's search engine: as Hank said, http://www.mol.fi/paikat.

Put "turku" into the "kunta" field, and "siivooja" into the "sanahaku" field, and then good luck..

If you've worked as an aupair before, you probably have the paperwork sorted out already? Are you registered as permanent with the maistraatti?
Didn't finish my work as an au-pair. Anyway, noted what you said.
Hopefully, it'll help me.

Greets!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm

jazzori wrote: I just want to work, ok? W-o-r-k
So, theres about 162 000 other people in Finland wanting to do that too. You must ask yourself - what makes someone want to hire me? Like Turku dockyards are dying for class-welders..
Let's say my qualification is tietokoneoperattori..
So I wasn't too far off with the "esoteric hippie typing in obscure languages", in that case http://www.monster.fi is slightly better place. However they usually require you to be really esoteric or then with a degree...

Cheers, Hank W.

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:14 pm

:lol: I'm having the thoughest time of my life now and he mocks me... OK.. What's there to lose anyway? :roll:
I can't name what people could want me for, there's much and there's nothing. I would say just ME. My personality and for starters that i'm an easy catch. I have no high requests, although I have a lot of potential ( okay, now i sound like a 5th grade kid ). But that's it. Imagine dough. A good dough. And Imagine what YOU could do with the dough. That should make someone hire me, i guess.
The will is essential! And I could be, too... :)

So who would not hire a responsable, mature, fresh to work with, humorous, info-spongy, good-to-create-out-of person. eh?

Oh, nevermind me, i just tried.

And you... Hank... You.. Step away from the computer!

PS. Nothing wrong with a hippie, i guess, so i am still wondering why did i take it as an insult.

Buh'bye!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g73gSl49EQc
Last edited by jazzori on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:24 pm

jazzori wrote:My personality and for starters that i'm an easy catch.
Ah, thats what they say of all Turku...
PS. Nothing wrong with a hippie
Good :twisted:
Cheers, Hank W.

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:26 pm

Hank!

odon

Post by odon » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:31 pm

best bet....go to a really remote city and try the old age homes, they need a lot of those.......

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:01 pm

Jazz Stallions?
Cheers, Hank W.

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:20 pm

jazzori wrote::lol: I'm having the thoughest time of my life now and he mocks me... OK.. What's there to lose anyway? :roll:
I can't name what people could want me for, there's much and there's nothing. I would say just ME. My personality and for starters that i'm an easy catch. I have no high requests, although I have a lot of potential ( okay, now i sound like a 5th grade kid ). But that's it. Imagine dough. A good dough. And Imagine what YOU could do with the dough. That should make someone hire me, i guess.
The will is essential! And I could be, too... :)

So who would not hire a responsable, mature, fresh to work with, humorous, info-spongy, good-to-create-out-of person. eh?
Really, If you dont have any degree or skills apart from the above listed, its no use thinking that you can land a job from there let alone from Turku itself..
No one can read your mind magically and say things that you want to hear. No one knows how hard a time you re going through.
and In Finland, People are not wanted for a job cos they are free thinkers, caring or are nice, pink-glassed and wears a red tatooo in their butt!! They are hired to do a job for which they must "prove" their skills.
Who know how responsible you are ? what is your proof? do you have a degree in responsibility?
:wink:
How about a mature degree?
and if you think that you can speed type and operate computers, every pekka, liisa and marja can operate a computer without any problems ( even high shool students can operate computers here)
What makes your computer skills soo good that a company can make use of it?because, common knowledge of PCs are taught in pre-school here!! :twisted:
Float your brains in formaldehyde for some time and then re-read what people have replied and then start wearing your rose colored glasses!!