Eight months!

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Slothrop

Eight months!

Post by Slothrop » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:23 pm

Rio's on vacation. Appeal's a certainty.

Feckin' Palios!

"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Eight months!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:19 am

He got what he deserved

< Dons tin helmet and dives behind sandbags while waiting for Ace to return from saturday morning shopping and log onto . >

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:59 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:He got what he deserved

< Dons tin helmet and dives behind sandbags while waiting for Ace to return from saturday morning shopping and log onto . >
Been working this morning actually ;-) I would have no complaints with the punishment Rio recieved, If they showed some consistency in their decisions.

junot

Post by junot » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:29 pm

Ace wrote:

Been working this morning actually ;-) I would have no complaints with the punishment Rio recieved, If they showed some consistency in their decisions.
It all got a bit farcical at the Reebok last night. The tribunal went on until around 8 o'clock and outside while the media were broadcasting live to the nation, a party atmosphere ensued.
People in christmas fancy dress were dancing around blowing streamers etc. having attended christmas functions at the stadium. In the midst of this the Arsenal team coach arrived as they were spending the night at the stadium hotel. A tv commentator said "this is all beginning to get out of hand" :)
I hope the arsenal team had a good night's sleep :wink:
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:42 pm

I didn't understand why they had the tribunal there Junot. Do the FA have some offices or something in there?

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:58 pm

Ace wrote:

To some extent, he IS the sacrificial lamb. He's the poor villager shot to persuade the others to stay in line - but do you think United have HELPED his case thus far, honestly?

Judging by many reactions (they ARE highly polarised, that's obvious) this is also seen as pay-back time for a sport that has become the stomping ground of extremely pampered child-men. And Rio (smutty videos, driving offences) is seen partially in that same light. People are nasty like that: they like idols, and even indulge them, but they like nothing more than seeing them pulled down.

Still, look on the bright side - if the verdict had come on any day other than Friday, it would have sliced about £50 million off United's market valuation as soon as the Stock Exchange opened next morning. Now at least they'll have the weekend for damage limitation. Of course if they let themselves get beat by Spurs, that could still happen, but...
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

junot

Post by junot » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:08 am

Ace wrote:I didn't understand why they had the tribunal there Junot. Do the FA have some offices or something in there?
They seem to hold a few of these hearings in Bolton. Steven Gerrard had one there about a year ago.
Reebok have their UK head offices inside one of the stands but I don't know of any FA link?
The hearing actually took place in the Bolton chairman's office.

Did your lot another favour yesterday!
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:02 pm

Septic Bladder is talking about banning us from European competition now. Its getting daft :lol: Ferdinand isn't worth all this hassle, maybe we should sell him to Chelsea? Theres a rumour Mark Veruca might be OT bound, I think we could do better than that in the transfer market :cry:

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:55 am

I know its The Scum but I would prefer him to Veruca.