Getting visa

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
pankajsh

Getting visa

Post by pankajsh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 am

Hello friends,

I am from doti nepal, I got admission to study in finland. i am now confuse getting visa. I heard that this year alot of students not getting vissas. especially using consultants. How can they find that somebody use consultant or not. is there any body who get admission but donot get visa? and i heard last everyone got visa.

Getting visa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sammy

Re: Getting visa

Post by sammy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:34 am

pankajsh wrote:Hello friends,

I am from doti nepal, I got admission to study in finland. i am now confuse getting visa. I heard that this year alot of students not getting vissas. especially using consultants. How can they find that somebody use consultant or not. is there any body who get admission but donot get visa? and i heard last everyone got visa.
Do you mean a) students not getting visas (in order to attend an entrance exam in Finland) or b) students who have been sent an acceptance letter (ie. who have been admitted) not getting a student residence permit?

See http://www.migri.fi -> English -> Students -> non-EU citizens

pankajsh

Post by pankajsh » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:17 am

i already passed the exam. I am already admited. I will get letter in comming 10 days. UAS already send me letter. but i have to get visa before i can fly to finland.

Gavy

Post by Gavy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:29 am

I'm also coming to Finland in September and I'm applying for my study permit this week so i know exactly what u are going through. I think the best thing to do is make sure you have all the paperwork that they need you to have and if you are unsure about something, get in touch with the Finnish Embassy in your country and they should be able to clarify it for you.I emailed them when i had questions and they were really helpful.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:09 am

pankajsh wrote:i already passed the exam. I am already admited. I will get letter in comming 10 days. UAS already send me letter. but i have to get visa before i can fly to finland.
Well, okay. As the previous post already stated, just make sure you have all the paperwork in order. Note that merely "having an admission letter" is not enough as such, you also need to have an insurance and proof that you can finance your stay in Finland. Check out the basic requirements at http://www.migri.fi -> English -> Students -> non-EU citizens. And contact the embassy if in doubt about something.

By the way, there's nothing inherently wrong in using 'consultancies' - it's just that a) they can not arrange or guarantee study placements in Finland and b) many such consultancies charge relatively hefty fees for their services, and prospective students might wish to save their money for something else than getting advice that would be available for free elsewhere. So if some student wishes to communicate through a consultancy and pay for it, rather than apply him/herself for free, it's the student's own choice :wink:

moomintroll

Post by moomintroll » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:51 pm

If you have all of the required documents, which are

- official acceptance letter
- bank statements showing 9 000 euro for each year of study
- original letter of insurance for duration of study
- clarification of studies addition to the residence permit application
- original application for residence permit

You should have little to no trouble getting the student residence permit.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:53 pm

moomintroll wrote:- bank statements showing 9 000 euro for each year of study
Isn't that 6.000 instead of 9.000?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:11 pm

inflation ;)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

moomintroll

Post by moomintroll » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:16 am

sammy wrote:
moomintroll wrote:- bank statements showing 9 000 euro for each year of study
Isn't that 6.000 instead of 9.000?
Indeed it is, but I like Hank's answer better :wink:

piyushmohan

job_guidance

Post by piyushmohan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:03 am

Hello Everyone! I am from India and am currently pursuing MSc. in HR from CIIM,Cyprus.My course is almost complete and am looking for a management trainee job in Finland.Can anybody provide the requisite information????How do I start looking for the job??????

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:06 am

Hello Everyone! I am from India and am currently pursuing MSc. in HR from CIIM,Cyprus.My course is almost complete and am looking for a management trainee job in Finland.Can anybody provide the requisite information????How do I start looking for the job??????
It is easy if you speak Finnish fluently :) Google is your friend.

piyushmohan

Job_guidance

Post by piyushmohan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:49 am

I do not know Finnish. I am fluent in English.Are there English speaking jobs available???? I searched google but couldnt find an option where I could upload my resume for the recruiters to see.Can u send me some links.

sammy

Re: Job_guidance

Post by sammy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:00 pm

piyushmohan wrote:I do not know Finnish. I am fluent in English.Are there English speaking jobs available???? I searched google but couldnt find an option where I could upload my resume for the recruiters to see.Can u send me some links.
Start with getting acquainted with http://www.mol.fi/finnwork

Also check out the hints/advice at http://www.aarresaari.net/english/info.htm (NB Aarresaari is primarily targeted for students graduating from Finnish universities, but naturally you may also benefit from some of the content...

In case you happen to land on Uranus, check this out... :wink:
http://www.uranus.fi/en/jobseekers/jobs ... p?id=19982

Happy hunting...

piyushmohan

Post by piyushmohan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:30 am

Hi Sammy,Thanks for the response. The links have been of great help.Thanks again!

piyushmohan

guidance_consultants

Post by piyushmohan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:57 am

Hi, I have submitted my resume online at some sites and also registered at some company's websites. I am looking for some job consultants in Finland who can help me secure a job.Can somebody provide me the required details?????Besides I am also looking for opportunities in some small companies. Can somebody give me the name of such small companies who are interested in hiring foreigners.