Finns-friendly way of job application?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Pursuivant

Re: Finns-friendly way of job application?

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:44 am

debonaire wrote: he has never come across the word multi-cultural society...
oh yes he has, and thets exactly why he is saying to piss off. finns tend to remember 1900-1917 when russia tried to make finland a multi-cultural society and that resulted in... do you *really* want them to get pissed off?

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:49 am

onkko wrote:
catchmeifucan wrote: I have always believed integration is the key. But, my dear friend. If you demand integration, you demand high end tax payers, you demand white skinned blue eyed immigrants. I suggest you point out what you expect from a immigrant point by point...don't just give lectures on this issue rather provide some concrete points.
And, please don't say speak the language. It is not easy to learn if you don't have a Finnish friend or a partner to practice after a whole day of work or weeks long business trips abroad earning money for my Finnish company fighting with the customers to give my company edge over others by showing the quality products and engineering that we have here in Finland. By the way, I have spent few hundreds of euros on these courses. They teach you grammer and writing. Focus is not at all given to how to actually speak the language in a public place. Yes, they ALSO tell you to practice speaking with your Finnish partner. I don't have one and have no energy also to get one. I am too busy with my work.
And, as I said before it is those whom you have brought here creates the problems not people like me OR debonaire so, PLEASE SPARE US AND LET US DO OUR JOBS AND LIVE OUR LIVES. :D

EDIT: Or else will go somewhere else. :lol:
EDIT: EDIT: Just a change of mind. I intend to live my whole life here as I like this country. I would also like to see how difficult can you make for immigrants to live here. I have till now followed all the rules and will continue to do so, never ever break a single law, pay as much taxes as I can, not take any benefits and one day speak the language and write a book about my experience in FINNISH as well as ENGLISH. :D
I can say what i want from someone who comes in here.

- Works (if short/moderate re-education is needed then ok, it probably is. Or if young then education but then please stay), for working speaking/understanding finnish is big+. Its not easy to get job without.

- Wont try to shove their beliefs and wont demand we change how we live. (good example how to do is if youre indian wegan, dont yell if we eat your precious cows or if youre muslim yes we eat pigs and its good and dog isnt filthy animal)

- Wont be offended and yell racism in every corner (friend of mine was in Helsinki last weekend, "ethnic minority" were beating teenager and police happend just come, he tried to flee and after short chase police catched "ethnic minority. He instantly yelled "this is rasicm!", f...ng its not free from all card)

- Lives according to finnish law and partly customs, you dont have to celebrate juhannus/joulu but dont be offended if we do and please youre welcome to participiate. By customs i mean dont touch, dont come too close etc please. (its hard to explain, just try to "fit in" even little, different customs are fun only while, after that they annoy) youll learn :) This helps in getting/keeping work too.

- Dont bring your clan and cousins here live with taxpayers money.

If you can do this then you can be

And i dont mind.

Seems you are doing fine and youre one of what we need.
Ok...Onkko I will ty me best to answer your points one by one...Don't get offended if iuts not to your satisfaction...these answers only concern me and by no means i am generalising..
1..Work and education:I am highly educated and working here for over 2 years and paying my taxes..havent yet asked for any benefits...and if i want further education which i probably will as i aim to do MBA later on,I would most likely go to US or UK as finnish top instititues imparting MBA don't even come close to the top British or American ones...and i don't mind paying for it...

2.why would i be ever bothered to shove my beliefs and customs to finns...i am not here on a mission to spread awareness and create followers of my beliefs and traditions..i am not going to meddle in your ways and i expect you not to meddle in mine...so kindly stop lecturing me about your customs and traditions...as much as i would like to know it,i would be least interested to implement them in my daily life...
I am an indian non-veg and i have no problem whether you eat cows or bulls...go ahead and do it but don't come offering me to taste it...my wife is finnish and she eats beef most of the time and its not an issue for me...i am not going to force my individual limitaions/beliefs on anyone else...

3.Racism is a very complicated issue and i would not like to go into it...its best left to you to judge for yourself..
4.I do live my life accoding to the laws of this country...i try to act as a good samartian whether i live here or in Mombassa...i am a Hindu and i celebrate every finnish festival whether its easter juhannus, or christmas,partly because my wife is finnish and i am staying in Finland and as such i would not like to upset the sentiments of people around me...Religion has never been a factor for me and it doesn't matter whether you are a christian,muslim,hindu,jewish,etc..I try my best to fit in by observing the behavious of finns around me...As i have said,i am very flexible and respect your culture and sentiments but at the same time don't ever come advising me to wear your culture...its simple because its not what I am...

5...nobody from my family on the other side has the time to come and visit finland...they are pretty much busy with their own lives...besides,even if they come,they would plainly get bored after staying here for a week...so don't worry,even if they come to visit finland they would never ever stay here as they have much better things to do back home....

By the way,i am not looking to get any kind of certificate of approval from any finn...I live my life according to my ways while respecting others choice to do so...The reason why i answered your post is to make an attempt to make you a lesser xenophobic being...

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 am

Pursuivant wrote:
debonaire wrote: he has never come across the word multi-cultural society...
oh yes he has, and thets exactly why he is saying to piss off. finns tend to remember 1900-1917 when russia tried to make finland a multi-cultural society and that resulted in... do you *really* want them to get pissed off?
Great...looks like finns are the only people in this world who have undergone the most traumatic,depressing and barbaric phase in their lives...they have undergone nothing short of a massacre or ethnic cleansing and you guys have managed successfully to overcome all of those devilish barriers and came out conquered with their shining armours...
You guys are the only people in this world to experience all the vices of this world...no other being even comes closer to what trauma you guys have witnessed...
My sympathies..

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:02 pm

onkko wrote: - Works (if short/moderate re-education is needed then ok, it probably is. Or if young then education but then please stay), for working speaking/understanding finnish is big+. Its not easy to get job without.
which means that yes you can also try and get by without the language - mother tongues are supported in education and you can get translators dealing with public officials, but that is again something you have to confess that you are getting "special treatment".
- Wont try to shove their beliefs and wont demand we change how we live.
- Lives according to finnish law and partly customs, you dont have to celebrate juhannus/joulu but dont be offended if we do and please youre welcome to participiate.
which I think is the biggest reason that "multi-culturalism" is a swearword for the finns - they have had tartars, jews, muslims, old-russians, swedes, integrated half a million karelians who are a different *tribe* (laplanders and gypsies may have a few gripes)... and you know if someone comes begging at your doorstep the last thing they do is make demands or they get a very stroppy welcome. to a finn "multi-culturalism" means some foreigner can come here and act just as he pleases breaking all the norms of the society - hence "destroying it". it is a very bad word. anyone can be like this muslim party leader or whatever hare krishna if they want to. as long as they know their place in the big circle.
- Wont be offended and yell racism in every corner
which is you go read some bulletin boards like the uranus.fi ther is so much racism against the finns no wonder those people won't get a job with that attitude

so finland has decidedly not going to be another UK where you bend over backwards to acommodate all kinds of minorities to do whatever they please and just have a tub of vaseline at hand just in case. or what is this "white flight" all about then?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:04 pm

debonaire wrote:.The reason why i answered your post is to make an attempt to make you a lesser xenophobic being...
one swallow does make the summer.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:09 pm

debonaire wrote: Great...looks like finns are the only people in this world who have undergone the most traumatic,depressing and barbaric phase in their lives...
you deserve all the racism you can get you disrespecting twat. they had one and it happened *here* to *them*. if you dismiss that offhand as if something worse happened elsewhere so then they can dismiss all the racism and whatnot as worse things happen elsewhere.
Last edited by Pursuivant on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antstar

Post by antstar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Pursuivant wrote: prime example why you deserve all the racism you can get you disrespecting twat
Thats back to the Hank we know and love :lol:

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:17 pm

should have left that to Onkko and Tizwas....thought that my grandfathers grave started twirling :twisted:
Last edited by Pursuivant on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antstar

Post by antstar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:22 pm

Pursuivant wrote:thought that would have been left to Onkko and Tizwas, but my grandfathers grave started twirling
Well some subjects are more sensitive then others, and we all have our individual nerves that can be twiched, sometimes best not to let them show!Of course i'm not one to talk.

catchmeifucan

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:37 pm

onkko wrote: I can say what i want from someone who comes in here.

- Works (if short/moderate re-education is needed then ok, it probably is. Or if young then education but then please stay), for working speaking/understanding finnish is big+. Its not easy to get job without.
- I agree, But there needs to be a system in place which will encourage young foreign students to actually stay. I find that lot of effort goes to spending money on refugees some of whom becomes the source of the problem later. Finns normally has a tendency to generalize non-finns. So, a educated law abiding student suddenly faces bad behaviour from locals. Decides to leave immediately after education is complete. It is always us and them. You cannot keep good immigrants like this. You need to treat people as individuals. If all the non-whites start taking revenge for what whites have done for hundreds of years I can see none of you will survive. But, that's the stupid way to think. Please check the integration programs for employed. I have not known of any that exist.
onkko wrote: - Wont try to shove their beliefs and wont demand we change how we live. (good example how to do is if youre indian wegan, dont yell if we eat your precious cows or if youre muslim yes we eat pigs and its good and dog isnt filthy animal)
- I have always believed religion is a personal thing and not to be made a public issue. If someone does not want to eat beef or pork or drink fine. As long as they are not trying to stop others. Just a thought, if you were to visit a foreign country say India and asked to live only on curry. I guess that will not be a pleasent experience. So, make a large container of tinned tuna fish ready. :D
Point is just like you think them weird they also feel you are weird. Why not think that both do things in different ways. As long as, no one is asking you to have only curry in launch here in Finland it should be fine with you. Do let me know what you think?
onkko wrote: - Wont be offended and yell racism in every corner (friend of mine was in Helsinki last weekend, "ethnic minority" were beating teenager and police happend just come, he tried to flee and after short chase police catched "ethnic minority. He instantly yelled "this is rasicm!", f...ng its not free from all card)
- See what other see as racism I see a as jealousy. Yesterday, I visited Alko (this particular outlet I have never been before). A Finnish girl working there asked the cashier to check my id. I have never met her nor. I pretended not to understand Finnish which I do most of times (i understand something not everthing) to find out what people want to say. I went thought the stuff and bought a bottle of wine. When I went to pay (amount euro 8.5 i.e. less than 50 after which you need to show the id). The guy asked for my id. Now, some will refer this incedent as a racist event I see it as a event generated by fellow foreigners wrong doings and jealousy of certain locals.
As regard to crime, a criminal is a criminal it is not a Finn or a Foreign. As long as, the justice and law and order system can uphold its unbaised symbol it is fine.
onkko wrote: - Lives according to finnish law and partly customs, you dont have to celebrate juhannus/joulu but dont be offended if we do and please youre welcome to participiate. By customs i mean dont touch, dont come too close etc please. (its hard to explain, just try to "fit in" even little, different customs are fun only while, after that they annoy) youll learn :) This helps in getting/keeping work too.
- As I said, I agree some immigrants do not particularly find excessive drinking a festive affair (me excluded i am a rather mixing kind). But, as you said "Don't do but, don't complain".
onkko wrote: - Dont bring your clan and cousins here live with taxpayers money.
- Family is ok but cousins can be too much. Question is how do they come here? If I understand correctly, one has to earn a certain amount of money to legally bring family. I may be wrong. This is a error on the part of the goverment policies don't blame it on us immigrants. As far as, I am concerned I don't have a family of any kind. I guess good for this country. :D
onkko wrote: Seems you are doing fine and youre one of what we need.
- That's what everyone who knows me as a person says. Again, I once met a woman in a disco who came up to me and we chatted for a while about life and after some time she said "You must be homeless. What are you doing here? Go back to you country."
I wondered why I was just having a causal converstaion. I didn't even asked here "Should we go your place or my place?" :? :D
Last edited by catchmeifucan on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

catchmeifucan

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:38 pm

debonaire wrote: Ok...Onkko I will ty me best to answer your points one by one...Don't get offended if iuts not to your satisfaction...these answers only concern me and by no means i am generalising..
1..Work and education:I am highly educated and working here for over 2 years and paying my taxes..havent yet asked for any benefits...and if i want further education which i probably will as i aim to do MBA later on,I would most likely go to US or UK as finnish top instititues imparting MBA don't even come close to the top British or American ones...and i don't mind paying for it...

2.why would i be ever bothered to shove my beliefs and customs to finns...i am not here on a mission to spread awareness and create followers of my beliefs and traditions..i am not going to meddle in your ways and i expect you not to meddle in mine...so kindly stop lecturing me about your customs and traditions...as much as i would like to know it,i would be least interested to implement them in my daily life...
I am an indian non-veg and i have no problem whether you eat cows or bulls...go ahead and do it but don't come offering me to taste it...my wife is finnish and she eats beef most of the time and its not an issue for me...i am not going to force my individual limitaions/beliefs on anyone else...

3.Racism is a very complicated issue and i would not like to go into it...its best left to you to judge for yourself..
4.I do live my life accoding to the laws of this country...i try to act as a good samartian whether i live here or in Mombassa...i am a Hindu and i celebrate every finnish festival whether its easter juhannus, or christmas,partly because my wife is finnish and i am staying in Finland and as such i would not like to upset the sentiments of people around me...Religion has never been a factor for me and it doesn't matter whether you are a christian,muslim,hindu,jewish,etc..I try my best to fit in by observing the behavious of finns around me...As i have said,i am very flexible and respect your culture and sentiments but at the same time don't ever come advising me to wear your culture...its simple because its not what I am...

5...nobody from my family on the other side has the time to come and visit finland...they are pretty much busy with their own lives...besides,even if they come,they would plainly get bored after staying here for a week...so don't worry,even if they come to visit finland they would never ever stay here as they have much better things to do back home....

By the way,i am not looking to get any kind of certificate of approval from any finn...I live my life according to my ways while respecting others choice to do so...The reason why i answered your post is to make an attempt to make you a lesser xenophobic being...
:D We think the same way.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by catchmeifucan on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm

catchmeifucan wrote: The guy asked for my id. Now, some will refer this incedent as a racist event
and a finn would say "stupid foreigner" as *everybody knows* that ID is checked in ALKO - these days always especially if they're on a warning - because of the age limit - an alko caught selling to underageds will get a *serious* diarrea hit the fan (as do pubs and clubs... ever wonder why they get sudden plumbing renovations). . so again it has nothing to do with racism but you not knowing "how stuff works" - so you should on the contrary feeling lucky they thought you looked young.

catchmeifucan

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:10 pm

Pursuivant wrote:
catchmeifucan wrote: The guy asked for my id. Now, some will refer this incedent as a racist event
and a finn would say "stupid foreigner" as *everybody knows* that ID is checked in ALKO - these days always especially if they're on a warning - because of the age limit - an alko caught selling to underageds will get a *serious* diarrea hit the fan (as do pubs and clubs... ever wonder why they get sudden plumbing renovations). . so again it has nothing to do with racism but you not knowing "how stuff works" - so you should on the contrary feeling lucky they thought you looked young.
I am arround 30 for your information. No one in their senses will ever consider me underaged. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By the way, there were 5 other people after me. They were not asked for an id.
See, I really don't care as long as they see my id let me go with my booooos. :D
By the way, I have been a customer of Alko last 3.5 years no one ever asked me for a id. Read what I said and answer. :D

EDIT: The real reason is not racism. Reason is jealousy. I have decided next time if guy doesn't ask for a id I will force him to see it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by catchmeifucan on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onkko

Post by onkko » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:12 pm

My uncle were 49 and papers checked, its how you look.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

catchmeifucan

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:15 pm

onkko wrote:My uncle were 49 and papers checked, its how you look.
Check my previous post again. I added some EDIT remarks. :lol: :D