Need Information Plz

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
tizlit

Re: Need Information Plz

Post by tizlit » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:33 am

Easiest way I believe is to get married in Morocco, register your marriage to be legal in Finland, as previously advised. The amount of paperwork is a lot, you should know the procedure in Morocco, and your wife-to-be should know being a Finn what is required. There is not really a shortcut to this.

The waiting time for visa from Morocco can take minimum of 6 months (have known once case).
Contact the Finnish Embassy in Morocco, they are able to advise you precicely.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

elidore

Post by elidore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:19 pm

so if i apply from morocco, and i'll join the pregnant certificate too in my file, how long that takes to have an answer and could i have a tourist visa waitin' the answer like this i can be near my wife at least for 3 months and i'll back to morocco and applyin' for a new visa waitin' the final answer from the immigration services,

what the documents i need to join to my file applyin' for a permit resident ?

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:25 pm

This the kind of info you should be seeking on the migri website, not asking some random people on an internet forum. If this is important for you, you do this properly. Unless your wife can not read, you and she should be going through the migri website word by word together, to make a proper application and not waste time and money.

elidore

Post by elidore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:29 pm

i agree with u but as i told in previous post i have the official information, but i need to hear from people who had the same experiences like us, coz when u r in the migri.fi it seems very very easy but i need to read some experiences to know how hardest is it ? so i'm askin' just to have a general idea but when i'm goin' to apply i'll do it the right way i hope this is clear so if u know someone who had applyin' for the resident permit i hope read from him or her

Rip

Post by Rip » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm

There is so much individual variation (depending both on the application and the situation at the immigration service) so nobody can give you a good answer how long it will take.
elidore wrote:and could i have a tourist visa waitin' the answer like this
in principle yes. Nobody here can guarantee you will get it in practice.
The application forms and the required attachments change occasionally. You will follow the instructions as they are NOW to the LETTER, and not for example my recollection what we did a few years ago. The required attachments are listed at the end of the application.

The only proper and guaranteed correct answer we could give would be the one we can read from the current application forms as they are on the Migri website, but that would be pointless as you can read it from there yourself.

elidore

Post by elidore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:32 pm

thank you Rip, but really all i want is beein' with my wife, so after all this i guess that the right choice is makin' the application directly in finland, and i'll wait the answer there, i prefer to take this risk, i'll have a visa for 3 months to visit my wife there and i'll apply in finland, break my visa, it's better for me to do that and not wait the answer here in morocco coz that's seems so complicated

elidore

Post by elidore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:49 pm

i'm workin' in travel agent in morocco, and i'm learnin' suomi and russian to do the same work in finlande, but all i want is beein' with my wife, you are iranian so how did u get to finlande ?

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:55 pm

First of all who taught you how to speak English lol :lol: was it this guy?

Secondly if you aren't even married then you have to be able to prove that you have been living together for at least 2 years.
If and when you get married you need to get your marriage registered in Finland.

You stated that you haven't lived together for 2 years, so naturally you have no proof of doing so. Which means to be able to live together in Finland you will need to marry.

Your wife being pregnant may or may not have an effect on the decision of your permit. It really depends, no one can give you a proper answer. Although it is not likely that it will change the 'time' in which you get an answer to your application. I know that in the residence permit application there is a section for the number of children you have, but I don't know if there is anything where you can fill out that you have unborn children. However there is a section where you can write extra information that you think should be further grounds for your permit.
But without being married already you can't even get this far and you can't stay longer than 3 months.

To be honest your wife should know all of these questions. She's pregnant with your child and she wants you to move to her country. Why is it not her here asking these questions instead of you? It would probably be a better idea even if she spoke almost next to no English for her to come on here and ask in Finnish, if nothing else. Because it seems like you know next to nothing of the process yourself. Is your wife just as clueless? I would find that hard to believe...
elidore wrote:thank you Rip, but really all i want is beein' with my wife, so after all this i guess that the right choice is makin' the application directly in finland, and i'll wait the answer there, i prefer to take this risk, i'll have a visa for 3 months to visit my wife there and i'll apply in finland, break my visa, it's better for me to do that and not wait the answer here in morocco coz that's seems so complicated
I think you keep forgetting that YOU NEED TO BE MARRIED before you can do any of these things. Seeing as you don't have proof of 2 years of cohabitation... :roll:
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.

Rip

Post by Rip » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:57 pm

elidore wrote:thank you Rip, but really all i want is beein' with my wife, so after all this i guess that the right choice is makin' the application directly in finland, and i'll wait the answer there, i prefer to take this risk, i'll have a visa for 3 months to visit my wife there and i'll apply in finland, break my visa, it's better for me to do that and not wait the answer here in morocco coz that's seems so complicated
It's an option. Main problem I see that is that it looks like you seem to plan to spend next three months without doing anything regrading the subject.

-

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:58 pm

I think that much was obvious from the very first post. Though he'll have to go through integration if he wants to keep getting paid for doing nothing...

elidore

Post by elidore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 pm

i'm sure about my marriage and i'm goin' to get married in april.. i got an answer from the embassy in morcco, they told me that if i apply for a permit resident from morocco i can not apply for a visa untill i get the final answer, so i guess, i'm goin' to apply for the permit one time in finland, and to answer we are in love so i'm sure we r goin' to get married in april and i'm doin' my best to learn suomi, it's not an easy language, so i know i'll not have any rights when i'll break my visa but at less i'm near my wife

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:04 pm

That's your choice. You just need to remember that you will get nothing until such time as you get your residency permit and even then it still takes time until you get anything. So you better have the money for both of you to:

Fly to Finland
Apply for residency (pay the fees)
Live in Finland for around 3-6 months whilst waiting for a decision
+ Others that will eventually come up, transport, etc.

Or you could stay in Morocco and just pay the fee for applying for residency and wait patiently the old fashioned way.

If you have an accident in Finland and need medical treatment you can be expected to pay a lot of money.

raskarhu

Post by raskarhu » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:05 pm

No, it is Suomi :twisted:

Hei Morrocon, welcome to Finland, think you will not stick it out for even a week in Finland. But anyways, good luck! :thumbsup:

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:05 pm

raskarhu wrote:No, it is Suomi :twisted:

Hei Morrocon, welcome to Finland, think you will not stick it out for even a week in Finland. But anyways, good luck! :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol:
Sorry but that post really made me smile.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:25 pm

When you asked the embassy in Morocco, did they say you could get a visa to go get married? Even if you get an invitation letter etc. and have a visa, keep in mind that you can be denied entry to the EU even you have a visa if your story or funds doesn't please the immigration - and thats not necessarily the Finnish immigration but the first entry point to Schengen immigration. As far as the time you need to have funds for it can be anything up to a year - students need to show 6000 euros to be able to support themselves.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."