Window Cleaner or where to buy cheap ladders

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Liam1

Post by Liam1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi
Tried searching on this but only found my problem (dirty windows but a house that needs a ladder to reach many)
and a debate on how much window cleaning should cost.

Therefore my question - are there window cleaners that do rounds in Espoo/Kaunieinen (and what do they cost - there are only 6 windows that are inaccessible but I wonder if they would want to clean all to make it worth their while). Alternatively does anyone know off effective extendable window cleaners or finally where to find a cheap set of ladders (4m ish) ?

Thanks
Liam

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

riku2

Re: Window Cleaner or where to buy cheap ladders

Post by riku2 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Liam1 wrote: Therefore my question - are there window cleaners that do rounds in Espoo/Kaunieinen (and what do they cost - there are only 6 windows that are inaccessible but I wonder if they would want to clean all to make it worth their while). Alternatively does anyone know off effective extendable window cleaners or finally where to find a cheap set of ladders (4m ish) ?
There is a modular system in superstores with an extendible pole and for the end you can buy brushes, rubber blades, cloth mop things and with that you can put together something with about 3m reach and just about clean the windows that way. I would think window cleaners will cost a small fortune in finland. Anything that needs people, especially for tasks that most people do themselves (baking, house cleaning, ironing) are priced sky high.

Liam1

Post by Liam1 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks Riku - will look for these!
Have noticed that what you say is true (i.e. that anything that can be done oneself is very expensive) and we are happy to do these things, so just need to buy the equipment first - will get quite an impressive toolshed!

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Good ladders are always needed, Bauhaus has a very impressive selection (behind the cashiers on the wall), but you need to shell out 100 or 2... as for window cleaning, thats exactly what happened at work today which the topic made me laugh for being so on time. The bloke not only had a telescope to reach the 1st floor windows, but a hose and pump to get water squirting up there...

I am wondering though, in most Finnish apartments only the huge "livingroom window" (which opens usually to the balcony) doesn't open... or do you live in one of these "designed by an architecht" houses that have no common sense.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Pursuivant wrote:Good ladders are always needed
Indeed. I suppose the windows are in a house, not apartment, so better to get ladders that reach the gutters too.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Liam1

Post by Liam1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks Pursuivant / Upphew

Hadn't considered the gutters so guess that a good set of ladders is a better option. Improvised along the lines of the window cleaner but my son's pump action water pistol wasn't quite good enough!!
..and yes we have one of these daft houses that have long windows going up the side of the house that the flights of stairs are located (so no chance to open and do from the inside). My wife likes how it looks but she won't be the one hanging off a ladder!!!

Will toddle on down to Bauhaus...

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 am

Get a ladder and a long-arm. You need both... you need to reach from the inside too.... Actually a powersoaker is a good idea as well.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:17 am

biltema.fi also has some for cheaper prices and similar quality.