Helsinki restaurant website: www.eat.fi

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Ying

Post by Ying » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:41 pm

It's very sweet for foreigners to have this information. But somehow it doesn't work well when I tried to search for breakfast places.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

aspiala

Post by aspiala » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:57 pm

@Ying:

You're right, I'm not happy with the breakfast implementation either...it's a bit difficult because most places have brunch on a particular day or time, not all the time. But I'm figuring out a better way for the next version of eat.fi.

soham

Hungry @ Tampere

Post by soham » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Any plans of including Tampere hotels into your next version ?

aspiala

Post by aspiala » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:17 am

Working on including other cities in the next version, but not hotels at this point, sorry...restaurants are hard enough to maintain on their own! :)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Re: Helsinki restaurant website: www.eat.fi

Post by Hank W. » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:11 pm

Now we have the 15 minutes of fame.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 pm

oh, what a bright entrepreneur this one from Nuevo Latino (article in english).

Nice for http://www.Eat.fi. Can't think of many other ways Hs would mention feature the site

johnnymac

Post by johnnymac » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:58 am

I think It's working. But I can't understand finnish. Sorry..

aspiala

Post by aspiala » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:50 pm

@johnnymac The site's in English too, just click "en" at the top left of the page.

Incidentally, the new version of the site is live, and it "covers" all of Finland. This means the map covers all of Finland, and we found a database of every establishment that serves alcohol (of which we still need to eliminate bars and clubs that don't serve food) and are starting to add info city by city.

However: If you're impatient to have it working in your own town, you can register as a user and get access to wiki-like updating tools that will let you add information to the restaurants in your area. Go have a look!

aspiala

Post by aspiala » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:49 pm

At least it's honest spam.

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Aspiala... thanks for the site. It's grand.

One point of order. Kauniainen has a restaurant called Moms - in the shopping centre. Not bad. Your mapmaker has put it somewhere on Turunväylä instead (between the Tuomarila and Espoon Keskus intersections to be precise), and as a result nobody seems to have found it. Might be worth getting it moved to the correct place so people don't think Kauniainen (which has a listing) has NOWHERE to eat...

http://eat.fi/kauniainen/ravintola-moms

aspiala

Post by aspiala » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:31 am

Glad you're finding it useful-- about places being in the right place on the map though, any registered user can change info by clicking on the "edit" buttons on the restaurant pages. I figured that this way info would stay more accurate--for example, I have no idea where exactly I should move Moms, but someone who's actually been there would have no problem dragging it to the right spot. Just click on "edit" in the contact info (phone number, etc) section.

jillmason7

Post by jillmason7 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:38 pm

aspiala wrote:Glad you're finding it useful-- about places being in the right place on the map though, any registered user can change info by clicking on the "edit" buttons on the restaurant pages. I figured that this way info would stay more accurate--for example, I have no idea where exactly I should move Moms, but someone who's actually been there would have no problem dragging it to the right spot. Just click on "edit" in the contact info (phone number, etc) section. Restaurants San Diego
Agreed. I am finding it very useful.

Thanks for sharing it with us!!

-jill

Jumpers

Post by Jumpers » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Great site, very useful and informative. Well worth the hard work.

jtammilehto

Post by jtammilehto » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Keravalainen

Post by Keravalainen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi!
The special deals on eat.fi are nice. You buy them on the net and get a voucher code in return mail, so you can buy them immediately before you go to the restaurant.

Were in the fine dining restaurant König for dinner all family (5 persons) yesterday.
The deal was 30 e per person including starter, main course and dessert - free choice from their menu (excluding lobster and seafood platter). Drinks are extra, only tap water is included.

A good deal - considering that my main course alone was 34 e on the list (Beef tenderloin and lobster).