Juicers

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Shazzer

Juicers

Post by Shazzer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi again! I broke our juicer today :( Anyone here is into juicing and can recommend me where to get a good juicer - preferably one which can take daily juicing? I was very interested in the Champion 2000+ model which I've read great reviews about but unfortunately Amazon.uk does not dispatch that particular model to Finland. Was wondering if I could get Stockmann to order that model for me? Do the shops here carry good quality juicers? Thanks in advance everyone.

Juicers

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

magenta22

Re: Juicers

Post by magenta22 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:47 pm

I've always found them very helpful in Stockmann so they might be able to order it in. Otherwise how about somewhere like Sokos?

EP

Post by EP » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Bosch, Philips, Kenwood, Nordica, Moulinex and so on. I just don´t know is one better than another.

blaugrau

Post by blaugrau » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm

My approach is always to check first what models are available in the Finnish shops (e.g. anttila, gigantti, mustapörssi, kodinykkönen -- they all have their products online, stockmann and sokos don't seem to, oddly enough) and then check for online reviews of those available models online. I find it less painful that way, not having to go through hundreds of reviews of products which are not easily available in Finland or are too complicated or too expensive to get shipped here. (But of course, if a shop can make an order for a specific product for you without too much extra costs, then it's perhaps worth a try, if you're really think it must be a specific model, rather than the relative best one available)

There's also the Finnish version of "Which?" (consumer protection magazine with detailed reviews on all sorts of products), called "Kuluttaja", you could check if there was a review of juicers there lately and get the respective copy from the library to get the details of the review -- these reviews will also be tailored to the Finnish market.

Shazzer

Post by Shazzer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:44 pm

EP wrote:Bosch, Philips, Kenwood, Nordica, Moulinex and so on. I just don´t know is one better than another.
Hi EP, could you be referring to a blender by any chance? That's because I haven't seen a juicer around in the stores while I have seen a wide array of blenders available here. Thanks tho and I managed to find a company which does ship the Champion juicer to Finland afterall.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Shazzer wrote:
EP wrote:Bosch, Philips, Kenwood, Nordica, Moulinex and so on. I just don´t know is one better than another.
Hi EP, could you be referring to a blender by any chance? That's because I haven't seen a juicer around in the stores while I have seen a wide array of blenders available here. Thanks tho and I managed to find a company which does ship the Champion juicer to Finland afterall.
No, she was referring to juicers because all of those brands make juicers that are available in Finland.
Gigantti sell three of them for instance:
http://www.gigantti.fi/catalog/pienkone ... enlaitteet

EP

Post by EP » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:25 pm

No, I was referring to ordinary juicers. It is "mehulinko" in Finnish. If you type mehulinko to Google picture search you see what I mean.

I clicked that Pete´s link and saw a machine I have never even heard about: suklaanmuotoilukone (machine to shape chocolate). That surely is needed in every kitchen...

sinikala

Post by sinikala » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Shazzer wrote:Hi again! I broke our juicer today :( Anyone here is into juicing and can recommend me where to get a good juicer - preferably one which can take daily juicing? I was very interested in the Champion 2000+ model which I've read great reviews about but unfortunately Amazon.uk does not dispatch that particular model to Finland. Was wondering if I could get Stockmann to order that model for me? Do the shops here carry good quality juicers? Thanks in advance everyone.
Search the websites of companies like Gigantti (already mentioned) for mehulinko.

Edit. Beaten to it by 1 minute.

Shazzer

Post by Shazzer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks everyone!

Sorry EP, you were right. Thank you Pete for the link.