Salt And Vinegar Walkers/Lays in Citymarket

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
krash

Post by krash » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:23 am

Not sure if this has been posted already but i just discovered in the Tampere Linnainmaa branch of Citymarket that they are selling 175g bags of "limited edition" Salt and Vin Lays Crisps. Taste pretty good, at least better than the Estrella S&V. Perfect compliment for a pack of beer for the footy this weekend :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandEr194

Re: Salt And Vinegar Walkers/Lays in Citymarket

Post by FinlandEr194 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:13 pm

I tried these one time and they are waaaaaaaay to salty....... at least for me :?
Just wish they had Doritos everywhere here since they are so hard to find and come only in one flavour Nacho and Cheese but it tastes soooo goood :D

misu

Post by misu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:37 pm

As a non-Brit, I have to ask: What's wrong with Estrella's version?

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:58 pm

misu wrote:A What's wrong with Estrella's version?
Sometimes (often), they are over-fried, i.e. burnt. Eat one burnt crisp and it spoils your tastebuds for 15 minutes.

The flavour isn't quite there either, slightly lacking on the vinegar side.
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Post by 332415 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Damn, I miss Walkers. S&V, Smoky Bacon, Prawn Cocktail

arghhh

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:27 pm

332415 wrote:Damn, I miss Walkers. S&V, Smoky Bacon, Prawn Cocktail
Discover Amazon! :D

We tried Taffel Furious for sauna snacking this evening. Truly awful and feels like some NPD technologist was trying to be too clever with the flavour fusions..... Note to Taffel: If you want to introduce new crisps flavours to a less-developed market, just "me-too" what's already available in other countries and stop trying to be too clever. :P
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

jahasjahas

Post by jahasjahas » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Karhunkoski wrote:We tried Taffel Furious for sauna snacking this evening. Truly awful and feels like some NPD technologist was trying to be too clever with the flavour fusions..... Note to Taffel: If you want to introduce new crisps flavours to a less-developed market, just "me-too" what's already available in other countries and stop trying to be too clever. :P
It was the winner of a "design a flavor" competition in the social media. Do you dare to disagree with the social media? :twisted:

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:17 pm

You're not joking either :) I am truly flabbergasted. They still taste like someone hadn't cleaned the bagging machines out properly before changing flavours!