Vegan in Finland

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
allthatglitters

Vegan in Finland

Post by allthatglitters » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi there,

I am planning to move back to Finland at the end of this year (Almost 3 yrs ago I already lived 5 yrs in Finland) and just wondering how easy/diffcult it is to live as a vegan in Finland?
When I used to live in Finland I was vegetarian but since a couple of months I am vegan. Of course I know its easy to buy vegetables and fruits everywhere but does Finland has some organic shops like eg. Whole Foods in the USA/UK? I know that there was one near the kamppi - does this store still exist?

Thanks a lot!! :thumbsup: :)

“It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Vegan in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Vegan in Finland

Post by Rip » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:07 am

allthatglitters wrote:I know that there was one near the kamppi - does this store still exist?
Yes: http://www.ruohonjuuri.fi/myymalat/helsinki-kamppi/

jahasjahas

Post by jahasjahas » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:37 pm

There's Ruohonjuuri, Ekolo and Punnitse & Säästä. P&S has expanded a lot in the last few years.

Regular supermarkets also have a decent selection of soy and oat based "dairy" products - usually vegan milks have their own section and youghurts are in the regular youghurt section. And I'm pretty sure the selection of nuts has gotten better recently, though they're still pretty expensive.

vegaanituotteet.net has a list of vegan-friendly products that seems to be updated regularly.

allthatglitters

Post by allthatglitters » Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Thanks a lot for all your replies! This definitely helped a lot, as I used to live in Finland couple of yrs ago and did not know how much has changed.
Thanks again! :) :thumbsup:
“It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”