TV content from 'home'

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Marina_1990

TV content from 'home'

Post by Marina_1990 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi

I just started doing research for my university work and am doing some research learn about TV being broadcasted in foreign countries. In other words, are you as an expat able to watch TV from your home country in a convenient way.

I know many expats have problems and there are some solutions our there. I am curious to learn about those solutions and how you manage to watch the news, series and other TV content from 'home'. Would you be willing to help out? My ultimate goal is to start designing a cheap solution that is easy to use and provides high quality reliable TV. Much appreciate your time and help!

Kindest regards, Marina

TV content from 'home'

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: TV content from 'home'

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Www.filmon.com works fine for me for all the UK channels. I also get French tv thru Astra satellite but that will end in April unless I buy a new box as France goes full HD.
Don't watch much TV though.

leisl

Re: TV content from 'home'

Post by leisl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:03 am

You can pay for a region unblocking service and watch all the various countries' broadcasts on their own websites which are normally geo-locked. CNN, BBC, etc. The service you propose to create already exists. $7 Canadian for the one we use. I think you'd find it difficult to compete, there are dozens out there.