Divorce and Visa

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
poter

Divorce and Visa

Post by poter » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Hello everyone,
I used to be a student with visa B and met a girl we were dating for a while and got married in Finland to, and got a Visa A then, after 2 years of marriage many problems started to appear and it is inevitable that we will split. I have work now in Finland and as long as I know I still got 2 years to get a permanent Visa, If we got divorced will I be able to stay? and if yes with work Visa can i apply to Permanent after 2 years or the count starts over and I need another new 4 years of work visa before getting the permanent. Thank you.

Divorce and Visa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Divorce and Visa

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:19 pm

poter wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:14 pm
Hello everyone,
I used to be a student with visa B and met a girl we were dating for a while and got married in Finland to, and got a Visa A then, after 2 years of marriage many problems started to appear and it is inevitable that we will split. I have work now in Finland and as long as I know I still got 2 years to get a permanent Visa, If we got divorced will I be able to stay? and if yes with work Visa can i apply to Permanent after 2 years or the count starts over and I need another new 4 years of work visa before getting the permanent. Thank you.
You don’t have a visa – you have a residence permit. You can get P as long as you are eligible for a work based A permit.

poter

Post by poter » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:56 pm

Thank you for your answer. Yes i have a residence permit. In two years o can get the permanent If things were going right. I have been told by somebody if I spent 2 years with RP under marriage and switched to work permit I will have to start the 4 years time all over to get the permanent. Is that true?
Last edited by poter on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:38 pm

poter wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:56 pm
Thank you for your answer. Yes i have a residence permit. In two years o can get the permanent If things were going right. I have been told by somebody if I spent 2 years with RP under marriage and switched to work permit I will have to start the 4 years time all over to get the permanent. Is that true?
No, what you need is 4 years on A.

A normal permanent job gives you A just like your current one.

poter

Post by poter » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:31 pm

Thank you for your answer. I do not have a permanent contract I have 3 years that just two months ago. Can I get a residence permit A based on that? and when I ll be eligible for the P I will have one year left renewable. Can I have that then or the contract has to be permanent?