where can I find an activity center for baby?

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
godenies

Post by godenies » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:29 pm

I've been looking for them everywhere and most shops don't even know what I'm talking about. Does anyone know where to get them or happen to have one for sale? I'd really love to have one for my baby, I think they're great! :)
(those of you who don't know what I'm on about http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/produc ... er=4654CRZ)

TIA,
Mari

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

gavin

Post by gavin » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:20 pm

Hei Mari

Well, I suppose this isn't much help, but there's a big shop that sells all that baby stuff next to Anttila in Karhula.
http://www.anttila.fi/channels/default/ ... kotka.html

It's the first place Mari and I go if we have to get something for one of the friends little monsters.

If you can't find it anywhere in Helsinki, then let me know, and I'll be happy to go and see if they have it there next time I'm in the area.

Cheers
Gavin

Sara

Post by Sara » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:58 pm

did they have anything like that in the kiddies shop across from Iso Omena?

There is a baby shop around here, out near Kodin Antila, cant remember the name offhand. Will have a think! :wink:

godenies

Post by godenies » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:07 am

Sara, the shop opposite Iso Omena (Omppu Pomppu) sells only those walker -things, which we'll propably get if I can't find the activity center.. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they had them in Anttila, none of the kiddie shops I've been to have them, they won't order them either :(

Mari

Sara

Post by Sara » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:29 am

Mari, the baby shop is near the Antila. Its always in the paper advertising prams! Ill pick Samis brain once he wakes up! :wink:

godenies

Post by godenies » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:14 pm

Sara wrote:Mari, the baby shop is near the Antila. Its always in the paper advertising prams! Ill pick Samis brain once he wakes up! :wink:
Of course it is.. I don't know where my brain is.. lol.. sorry!

Mari

Sara

Post by Sara » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:26 pm

Maxi has one on offer, Fisher Price Activity Center €13.90 (usually €22.90) until the 25th.

its the same as Image

From age 3 months

:wink:

godenies

Post by godenies » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:47 pm

Sara, this is the sort of thing I'm looking for ;)

Mari

kultary

Post by kultary » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:50 am

There is at least one of these floating around Finland. We brought one with us when we first moved to Finland & sold it at kirpputori about 6 years ago. 8)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:18 am

Having had a couple of visits by mums avec small over active Rug Rats who are sat in one of those fully armed plastic Panzers... :roll:
I would have thought that the most sensible present for a Mum would be a Baby "Inactivity Centre" some sort of machine that keeps them quiet ..staying put where you put them..not scootting all over the house banging into furniture ..and my legs... :wink:
Those thing which were fixed and hung from the door frame..Baby Bouncers...for instance...

kultary

Post by kultary » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:25 pm

Peter Floyd wrote:Having had a couple of visits by mums avec small over active Rug Rats who are sat in one of those fully armed plastic Panzers... :roll:
I would have thought that the most sensible present for a Mum would be a Baby "Inactivity Centre" some sort of machine that keeps them quiet ..staying put where you put them..not scootting all over the house banging into furniture ..and my legs... :wink:
Those thing which were fixed and hung from the door frame..Baby Bouncers...for instance...
Actually, that's the brillance of this product. It rocks back and forth, but doesn't actually move around the house. Keeps the beasts from crying at least.

unclebob

Post by unclebob » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:34 pm

Do you mean the big stand-up kind (like a walker without wheels) or the smaller kind you hang on the side of a crib? If you mean the smaller kind, we just got a nice Fischer Price one from the Maxi in Sello (Leppävaara). It was on sale, too.