this could win oddest question award!

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
tracysator

Post by tracysator » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:29 pm

One of my American friends here is pregnant and due in march. She was told by her doctor that they don't circumcise here usually, so if she has a boy she may have trouble finding a dr. that has done very many...due to work commitments, she and her husband won't be able to go to the states until May, which would make her have to wait a year and put the baby under anesthesia to do the circumcision then. Does anyone know of any visiting Drs. or anywhere she could go to find info on someone (possible a moil !! - you Seinfeld fans would get that one!) Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

daive

Re: this could win oddest question award!

Post by daive » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:44 pm

tracysator wrote:One of my American friends here is pregnant and due in march. She was told by her doctor that they don't circumcise here usually, so if she has a boy she may have trouble finding a dr. that has done very many...due to work commitments, she and her husband won't be able to go to the states until May, which would make her have to wait a year and put the baby under anesthesia to do the circumcision then. Does anyone know of any visiting Drs. or anywhere she could go to find info on someone (possible a moil !! - you Seinfeld fans would get that one!) Thanks!
Your best bet would be to contact the Helsinki synagogue, speak to guy called Dan Kantor and he should be able to point you in the right direction.
I will PM you his telephone number!

Daive

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:02 pm

These 'visiting "doctors"' are definitely not the place to go to.
http://www.helsinki-hs.net/news.asp?id=20010821IE5

And lets say in the public sector the paractice, well, isn't paracticed.
http://www.helsinki-hs.net/news.asp?id=20030409IE1

As Daive suggested, the Jewish (or Tartar) community would know a private doctor with experience.
Last edited by Hank W. on Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

tracysator

Post by tracysator » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:25 pm

thank you so much for the info. I've been lurking for awhile and knew you guys could point me in the right direction! I'll let you know in april whether she had a boy or a girl!!