winter suit for children

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
cmichiel

winter suit for children

Post by cmichiel » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:31 pm

Hi, I have a four year old and we are using these typical winter suits to sent her to school. However, they do not seem to be completely water proof so we are putting these waterproof 'Rukka' type of gear on top. Now I have seen some other children wear these suits whereby the legs are already covered with this waterproof material but I have not managed to find them in any shop. Does anyone know where I could buy them (Helsinki area) without them costing an arm and a leg?

winter suit for children

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:17 pm

If they cost an arm and a leg, negotiate for both the bairns arms and they might give you the stuff for the legs without any cash...

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:25 pm

Some wiseass needs a spanking I see.

OK, to find anything not costing an arm and a leg I'd raise my hat... I have no clue, but
a) a run without kids through Itäkeskus would result in *something*... kurjuustalo, I mean Tarjoustalo and so forth working up the price ladder...
b) ask a parent, dang. I get harrassed due to my native boots like people never seen them before - and I look big and hairy to approach...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:54 pm

a couple of the kids in our kindergarten have them. Ill try and remember to look at the label at some point. :)

cmichiel

Post by cmichiel » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:43 pm

Hi again,

for those of you interested in the outcome of my quest, I finally managed to find these suits at Prisma in Malmi. At the moment they are costing € 39, which is quite reasonable. They have two different versions: one very thick one and one less thick. The thinner one you can also find at Antilla but at the moment at double the price compared to Prisma.

Alicia

Post by Alicia » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:57 am

The rubber Rukka ones get a funny texture under -10 degrees as it was explained to me one day in Citymarket. There were other ones available there that were waterproof.

I don't have kids but my helpful sister-in-law explained that buy it a little too big and hope the kid doesn't grow to fast. It might last two winters.