INEXPENSIVE WEEKEND ACTIVITY FOR CHILDREN

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
TrishPaakkonen

Post by TrishPaakkonen » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:05 am

I just received an email about a one day , fairly cheap ( 4 euros) activity for children that will be held Sunday, Feb 15th for children.This will be presented by the same dynamic woman who leads the free English Storytelling sessions at the Library.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here is the link I was sent:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/niilovilla/mittensunday04.html

They will be making individual handprint mittens for each child which will then be fired and glazed...or is it the other way around :(?

Nice opportunity to meet other English speaking families !

Trish

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

mittens

Post by Rosamunda » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:36 pm

My boys go to one of her craft classes (in fact they are there right now). They really enjoy it. textiles, ceramics, papier-mache etc etc AND they have a good chat and natter at the same time. Mine made sock puppets the other day and now use them to fight with our pet rats.....

definitely good fun!

Francis

Post by Francis » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:27 am

I was there with my daughter this weekend and it was pretty nice. Lasted 30 minutes so there was no time to reach the point where kids lose interest. :) Comments from the little one were positive and she wants to do it again.
Francis Image

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --Bill Clinton, President