Egg donor

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
bbpma2009

Egg donor

Post by bbpma2009 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi,

Because I can't have more children, I would like to do IVF with egg donation. I choosed Finland beacause I'm tall, blond hair, blue eyes and it's difficult to find this characteristics in France.
Perhaps you can help me to find a donor or a clinic or ideas....
thanks a lot
julie

Egg donor

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Amandine.K

Re: Egg donor

Post by Amandine.K » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:56 am

Your request is a bit silly and I don't think you'll manage to get what you're after in Finland. I wanted to donate eggs few months ago but was put off by the Finnish way of doing it. Namely it is not anonymous. The child have the right to know who the donor was and will get her details once he reach the magic age of 18. Anyway... the waiting lists here are as long as the ones in France. Have you tried to enroll in several centres? It might request you to travel around France but I have some friends you did it and they manage to get IVF with donor eggs several times in a few months time with a Parisian centre. Good luck anyway, I hope you'll get a baby soon :)

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:39 pm

If I were you, I would adopt a child from children-house, because there are a plenty of children who need a mother and they are already born.. Why don't you give that opportunity to one of them rather than having an additional one to this world?

Hee

Post by Hee » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Amandine.K wrote:Your request is a bit silly
She wants her baby to look similar to her, there's nothing wrong with that.

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Cory wrote:
forest_girl wrote:If I were you, I would adopt a child from children-house, because there are a plenty of children who need a mother and they are already born.. Why don't you give that opportunity to one of them rather than having an additional one to this world?
Adopting a child from abroad is a grueling lengthy process which could be laden with many problems, waits and heart-aches.
The wait for a child coming from abroad could be up to 4 years depending on the country in which the child is born. Yes, there are millions of children living in orphanges but it's not easy to adopt.
Why is there a necessity to adopt especially from abroad? :)

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:13 pm

Hee wrote:
egoism ;)

Hee

Post by Hee » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:30 pm

forest_girl wrote:
Hee wrote:
egoism ;)
I think wanting a child who will fit in appearence-wise with her family is just fine.

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:39 pm

It is silly in the way that even if she finds a donor matching her requirement there is no way they can guarantee the child will get these features. I have a blue-eyes,blond baby boy and I'm dark haired with brown eyes. My daughters are dark haired and have very dark eyes.

As I said I have friends that had to go trhough IVF with egg donor. They waited for so long and had so many false hope with IVF that ended up in miscarriage that they were just happy to get the magic phone call saying they had a donor...

bbpma2009

Post by bbpma2009 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:44 pm

Egoism??!!!

If I was egoist, I would like only one child, no problem and no white nights!!

Personnaly, no problem for dark hair and something else but I think at the child and it's important that the others don't know that he's born by an egg donation, I wish that he tells about that only if he wants it.
For adoption, it's very difficult and long....but we can do that too, we dream about bug family like 5 children.

thanks for your answers
julie

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Others won't know if you don't choose to tell them. My friends always laughed when at the maternity they were told their baby looked like her. At the end of the day it'll be your child, and that's the most important :)

Tu es suivie en France? Sur quel centre? Tu sais ici ce n'est pas facile mais c'est aussi très très cher. Si tu veux je peux te donner les coordonnées de certaines cliniques sur Helsinki que j'avais contacté pour faire un don. J'ai été refroidie sur le fait que cela n'était pas anonyme comme en France. Il faut aussi que tu penses que le transfert va te demander de rester quelques jours ici et une coopération avec ton gynéco. pour la préparation.

skandagupta

Post by skandagupta » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Wouldn't you love a dark beauty just as much?

A dark beauty with blue eyes makes my top to spin.

bbpma2009

Post by bbpma2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 pm

merci Amandine,

Je suis moi aussi dans le milieu médical et ma demande physique vient du fait que nous avons tous les deux les yeux bleus, génétiquement il est impossible que notre enfant ait les yeux marrons par contre 2 personnes avec les yeux marrons peuvent avoir un enfant avec les yeux bleus puisque c'est récessif.
De plus, je mesure 1m80 ce qui n'est pas commun en France et il ne se passe pas un jour sans qu'on me parle de la taille de mon fils qui est très grand et je ne veux pas de différence avec les enfants nés d'un don....
voilà tout.
En finlande est il légal de passer une annonce pour trouver une donneuse? en france non....
merci pour ta réponse

CH

Post by CH » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Some fertility clinics in Finland:
http://www.felicitas.fi/english/etusivu/etusivu.aspx
http://www.fertinova.net/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=90
http://www.avaclinic.com/index.php?90
http://www.vaestoliitto.fi/in_english/infertility/

There is a shortage of donated eggs in Finland, so there will probably be a wait time for receiving treatment. Because of this reason, at least AVA has opened a clinic in Russia for donated egg cells.

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Shortage that is mainly due to the fact that the donation is not anonymous and that the children born from your donation have the possibility to trace you back...

wish-for-a-sibling

Post by wish-for-a-sibling » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 pm

We have a very special request: We are a Scandinavian-German couple, and in September 2015 my wife had an IVF treatment with donated eggs at the Fertinova clincic in Turku. 9 months later our wonderful little boy was born! We are so happy to the Fertinova clinic and especially to the egg donor! He is a very happy, sweet and healthy child. You cannot imagine how happy and grateful we are!

Now we really wish a sibling for him from the same egg donor. We think that it is very important that he is not alone, especially when he is older. And to have somebody from the same origin. Unfortunately it didn't work with the frozen embryos from 2015 from that donor. And unfortunately my wife just passed the age limit in Finland (46). Therefore we are looking now (anonymously) for his Finnish egg donor. Do you know a (Finnish) blog or facebook site or any other network where we could find his donor? Anonymous is absolutely fine for us. Unfortunately we don't speak Finnish, we only speak English, Swedish and German but we will manage somehow.

We would be extremely grateful for any hint or advice!!!