Perhevalmennus in English

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
reindeer

Post by reindeer » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find such course in English for parents-to-be? I attended a free one organized by Neuvola but since everything is in Finnish and my Finnish is very limited, I missed most of the content. Does Duo Duo offer a similar course?

Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

reindeer

Re: Perhevalmennus in English

Post by reindeer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:23 pm

So I guess there is no such course in English? This is a bit disappointing as Finland is among the best countries for mothers & babies, but that's probably for Finns only.

tuttu

Post by tuttu » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:19 am

reindeer wrote:I attended a free one organized by Neuvola
have you asked them?
assuming you're in the capital region, there should be a demand for that and i'm sure they should have some answer for you.

reindeer

Post by reindeer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:33 pm

tuttu wrote:
reindeer wrote:I attended a free one organized by Neuvola
have you asked them?
assuming you're in the capital region, there should be a demand for that and i'm sure they should have some answer for you.
Yes I have, but they said unfortunately the don't have the class in English and they don't know if there is such class anywhere else either :(

tuttu

Post by tuttu » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:30 pm

yes, well, i've encountered this particular type of helpfulness myself quite often...

but seriously, the demand must be there, there must be something.
maybe you should start your search from the other end, immigrant services, multicultural associations and such...

you already mentioned this:
http://en.duoduo.fi/
looks good to me?