general health check for daycare of foreign kids

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
december74

Post by december74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:51 pm

We have moved to Turku area at the end of August.
we finally registetred our address after a long wait and went to public hospital for general health check-up since my kids have to go to daycare but
nurses there said we can't get it from the public hospital since our resident visa is only good for 1 year(I am an international student and the study lasts for 3.5 years though...but I know we have to extend year by year.)
So I want to know where I should go for my babies' health check up and how long usually it takes, how much?
The nurse said they will need blood check and thorax x-ray...
Only after my girls get those check up, they can attend a daycare...

And I have one more question.....
How much do we pay for daycare incase of international student's kids?
I have 3 kids so we need some budgeting....
Thanks ahead....

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: general health check for daycare of foreign kids

Post by Rip » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:08 pm

december74 wrote: How much do we pay for daycare incase of international student's kids?
'
I'd expect the same as everybody else, but why don't you ask from the people you've been arranging the daycare in the first place?

december74

Post by december74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Rip wrote:
december74 wrote: How much do we pay for daycare incase of international student's kids?
'
I'd expect the same as everybody else, but why don't you ask from the people you've been arranging the daycare in the first place?

Of course I have already asked them but they just gave me the range of the fee not for my case so I just wanted to know....

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:02 pm

If you are here on a student residence permit, shouldn't you have a health insurance for your whole family?

december74

Post by december74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:09 pm

interleukin wrote:If you are here on a student residence permit, shouldn't you have a health insurance for your whole family?

Actually they didn't even ask other family member's insurance even though I asked, but mine was a mandatory.
But I am thinking to get my family member's insurance also....

Rip

Post by Rip » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:27 am

december74 wrote: Of course I have already asked them but they just gave me the range of the fee not for my case so I just wanted to know....

Well, the regular rules (apart from the effect of parents income) are given here:
https://www.turku.fi/en/daycare-and-edu ... applying-0

Excel spreadsheet calculator is given here in Finnish: http://www.turku.fi/sites/default/files ... askuri.xls

and here in Swedish:'
https://www.turku.fi/sites/default/file ... r_2014.xls

(you'll almost certainly find that Swedish translates with Google translator or similar service better to English or your native language than Finnish does)

Rip

Post by Rip » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:31 am

december74 wrote: Actually they didn't even ask other family member's insurance even though I asked, but mine was a mandatory.
Oh great... (the Finnish taxpayers point of view). To best of my understanding, while they give care to your children, they would at least try to charge you for the (significant) costs, so I'd get that insurance.

(even though it would not surprise me at all, that the kind of check ups mentioned in this thread would not be covered anyway).

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:50 am

It is totally irresponsible not to have them. Any hospitalization would bankrupt you for life.

Rip

Post by Rip » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:16 am

roger_roger wrote:
december74 wrote:went to public hospital for general health check-up since my kids have to go to daycare but
nurses there said we can't get it from the public hospital since our resident visa is only good for 1 year
not sure why are the nurse is interested in your resident permit status, their job is the health care not policing around who has what permit. If you already have SSN for your kids (which at this point you should have) you can slap that in the nurse's face and tell her stop being @rgh013 and do her job what she's paid for.
It is NOT a social security number, having one does NOT mean you're covered by national system and actually pleased that they do not waste public funds for doing something they are not paid for. OP was not even really asking for health care, but doing checkups without having any known medical issue.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:56 am

Rip wrote:
roger_roger wrote:
december74 wrote:went to public hospital for general health check-up since my kids have to go to daycare but
nurses there said we can't get it from the public hospital since our resident visa is only good for 1 year
not sure why are the nurse is interested in your resident permit status, their job is the health care not policing around who has what permit. If you already have SSN for your kids (which at this point you should have) you can slap that in the nurse's face and tell her stop being @rgh013 and do her job what she's paid for.
It is NOT a social security number, having one does NOT mean you're covered by national system and actually pleased that they do not waste public funds for doing something they are not paid for. OP was not even really asking for health care, but doing checkups without having any known medical issue.
It is annoying that people call it social security number. Those were given out from 1.9.1964-31.12.1970. Personal identification number is exactly the same number, but calling it PIN makes it clear that it doesn't come with benefits.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.