Ancestral records

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Lindfinn

Ancestral records

Post by Lindfinn » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 am

Looking for help on where I could find any ancestral records on my great grandfather, he was born in finland when it was apart of Russia, around 1865.

Ancestral records

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

StellaS

Re: Ancestral records

Post by StellaS » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Which parish? They might be available online on either digi.narc.fi or sukuhistoria.fi. Try the Facebook group called Finnish genealogy.

Pursuivant

Re: Ancestral records

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Theres a website... Genealogia.fi ? Theres quite a few peole done family research, so you actually might find yourself in a already in a tree :lol: If you have facts, and you got to quite old date, there are church records, quite meticulously kept. Some have been lost, and then trying to decipher the 'crow-toes' of imbibed clerics and the Swedish is another challenge.

Also, Mormon church in USA has some weird "spirit marriage" business going on, to save your ancestors' souls, so they have gone and microfilmed even the Finnish church records, so if you are inthe US, they have... 'Family center' or something like that you need to visit to get access...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."