Good IVF clinic in Helsinki area?

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
stadinslangi

Post by stadinslangi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:16 am

A friend of mine is asking me if I know any good IVF hospital in Helsinki area. I have been away from country for so long that really not fresh up for any detailed answers (except Fertinova Helsinki which is pretty long time ago). Can anyone gives better advice? My friends are couples so I do not think they need some special donations from third party. Only focus on success rate and services.

Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

biscayne

Re: Good IVF clinic in Helsinki area?

Post by biscayne » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:46 pm

http://www.vaestoliitto.fi/lapsettomuus ... n_english/

This organisation is the Family Institute of Finland and concern themselves with all types of issues concerning families, from sexual and reproductive health, to counselling for couples and families as well as Fertility Treatments including IVF.

For Finns, or persons residing legally in Finland who are "in the system" a certain amount of fertility treatment and a number of rounds of IVF can be had as part of the health care system with no out of pocket, or minimal out of pocket expenses.

I have worked in this area for years, I don't know the success rates of the Finnish Clinics, I think the ones in the Czech Republic have extremely high success rates. Anything above 25% is considered really good. But privately, it can cost up to 5k euro per round, unlikely for the 1st round to be successful and of course you can easily end up with twins or triplets...............

stadinslangi

Re: Good IVF clinic in Helsinki area?

Post by stadinslangi » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:01 am

Thanks, Biscayne! I will pass the info.