child maintenance support

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
anasuya

Post by anasuya » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:51 pm

My gf wants to live separate with our few months old child. So can anybody suggest me how will be the visiting times goes and can i be able to choose to visit my child as much more as possible?
And after separation,how much maintenance cost do i need to give her? I make around 1800€ a month.
Hope to get a reply.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ajdias

Re: child maintenance support

Post by ajdias » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Usually the best solution is to make an appointment with the lastenvalvooja in your city.
As for the maintenance it depends on your costs of living, hers and how much she is making. You can use this laskuri to get an idea.
If you don't reach an agreement that suits your interests you'll most likely be eligible for oikeusapu, to help you with your costs in court.

Don't know about small babies, you may be offered a few hours with the baby/week.
I think there are some groups that help single fathers, like miessakit or others (there's a sticker thread on Tea & Sympathy, check it out), you should get informed with those organizations before you sign anything. Best of luck.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:58 pm

ajdias wrote:you should get informed with those organizations before you sign anything. Best of luck.
Basic rule: don't sign something you don't understand.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Rip

Post by Rip » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:25 pm

The legal rules (and lastenvalvoja) should help with the setting the maintenance payments. Regarding visiting rights it would be best to try to stay in decent terms with your (ex)girlfriend. Yes, there are legal agreements with those too (and I am not saying you should not have one), I just don't think they help much in long term if she decides otherwise.

anasuya

Post by anasuya » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Thanks for reply you all.
I am just thinking how much maximum will i have to give her as support with my 1800 salary,cos she is not working at all. Do i have to give all after my expenses?

Rip

Post by Rip » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:23 am

anasuya wrote:Thanks for reply you all.
I am just thinking how much maximum will i have to give her as support with my 1800 salary,cos she is not working at all. Do i have to give all after my expenses?
The link to calculator was given above.

If I understood correctly you can leave the first set of boxes at their default values. For the second set you just but monthly income after taxes for both of you (lähivanhempi = mother of the baby, etävanhempi = You). For her not the child benefit (lapsilisä) but all other monthly maternity/childcare benefits.

Third group is for expenses. If you're both healthy it is mostly housing expenses (rent etc. there is a specific deduction form that for possible KELA housing benefit (asumistuki)). You can deduct your (public transport level) expenses for commuting (työmatkakustannukset). The rest you can probably leave as it is. The result is the final figure at the bottom.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:23 pm

There is no alimony payment in Finland (or it exists only in very exceptional cases), OP will only to pay child support (elatusapu). Prob something between 155 and 200 something, depending on the calculations in the laskuri linked. Use google translate if Rip's post is not enough.

anasuya

Post by anasuya » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:37 pm

are you sure that i dont have to pay else than 154-200? because the lastenvalvoja send me the letter that to bring my last 6 months salary slips, tax card, housing contract etc.

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:03 pm

anasuya wrote:are you sure that i dont have to pay else than 154-200? because the lastenvalvoja send me the letter that to bring my last 6 months salary slips, tax card, housing contract etc.
He wrote probably. You have the link to the calculator; you could use it. Lastenvalvoja is asking you to bring the documents that contain info that you should feed into the calculation. How can that be a surprise?

anasuya

Post by anasuya » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:16 am

Just surprised because when i tried to calculate by myself,it doesnot fit between 154 and 200.the calculation came quite much.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:27 am

Why don't you tell us how much it was? Is it much over 300?

Did you input your income netto? (Is your tax rate accurate?) You also need to consider the income your ex will receive: lapsilisä (it's prob there) + student grant + some other allowances, incl. living and housing allowance...

anasuya

Post by anasuya » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:59 am

Ok. Now i got it. Thanks

mdn

Post by mdn » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:19 am

ajdias wrote:You also need to consider the income your ex will receive: lapsilisä (it's prob there) + student grant + some other allowances, incl. living and housing allowance...
And also you have to understand that if you want to support her and your child and will transfer more than the official minimum amount (even if it will be agreed/signed) then her social allowance will be reduced for that 'extra' money, so her income will not be really changed (if she receives something from sosiaalitoimisto, I do not know your situation).