Inviting a family members to visit( ? )

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
tinatin

Post by tinatin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi,
if anyone could help me with information,it would be great.
I am student in Finland and my brother wants to visit me. In the visa center he was asked to submit an invitation letter from me. I want to know:
Do i have right to invite my family members here, as i am just student here?
And if yes, then how can i do that?
Where from should i get the invitation, because i guess i should to it trough some authorities ?

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Inviting a family members to visit( ? )

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:00 am

Since you're asking about visa for your family, I assume they're not EU citizens.
Generally speaking, an invitation is not required. Your family would apply for a regular tourist visa. However, having an invitation from you would greatly support their visa application , in addition to other documents like evidence that they'll go back after the visa expires; bank statements in their home country, work contracts, some assets, etc. The reason the "visa centers" ask for it is because there's a high likelihood of refusal if the applicant is from a risky country, so any additional papers help.

The invitation letter is a free-form letter. You basically mention who you are, where you live, why you're inviting your family, and your family member names. Anything extra you add is your own initiative. Print it, sign it, and send it to them.

Note: Watch for embassy-specific rules. Some embassies in some countries might have certain requirements that don't exists in other embassies, so make sure you check the embassy/centre website.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

tinatin

Post by tinatin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:23 am

Beep_Boop wrote:Since you're asking about visa for your family, I assume they're not EU citizens.
Generally speaking, an invitation is not required. Your family would apply for a regular tourist visa. However, having an invitation from you would greatly support their visa application , in addition to other documents like evidence that they'll go back after the visa expires; bank statements in their home country, work contracts, some assets, etc. The reason the "visa centers" ask for it is because there's a high likelihood of refusal if the applicant is from a risky country, so any additional papers help.

The invitation letter is a free-form letter. You basically mention who you are, where you live, why you're inviting your family, and your family member names. Anything extra you add is your own initiative. Print it, sign it, and send it to them.

Note: Watch for embassy-specific rules. Some embassies in some countries might have certain requirements that don't exists in other embassies, so make sure you check the embassy/centre website.
Thanks for reply :)
yes my brother needs a tourist visa to visit me, but the reason i guess why they asked the invitation is because he doesn't have any booked hotel for stay, all other documents is ok. And he will get visa not from Finnish embassy but from an Italian (as we don't have any in Armenia).

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:11 am

you need to go to Miasteratti to apply for invitation letter. They will give you a form. Fill it with your details, and your relatives details (name, address, citizenship etc)
Then miastteatti will check your details with their system. If all clear then they will stamp and sign the invitation letter. This will cost 8€ I think.
Image Image

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:40 am

tinatin wrote:And he will get visa not from Finnish embassy but from an Italian (as we don't have any in Armenia).
Then remember checking exactly what the Italians require. A few years ago I invited a friend of mine to visit me; I sent her a letter that I typed on my computer, and Finnish embassy were okay with it.
Oombongo wrote:you need to go to Miasteratti to apply for invitation letter. They will give you a form. Fill it with your details, and your relatives details (name, address, citizenship etc)
Then miastteatti will check your details with their system. If all clear then they will stamp and sign the invitation letter. This will cost 8€ I think.
Since when do they require this? When I wnvited my friend a few years ago I needed none of that.
Last edited by Beep_Boop on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Oombongo wrote:Since when do they require this? When I wnvited my friend a few years ago I needed none of that.
Visa center in Kiev. Rang them, got this information. It may sound overkill and I didn't mind going this way.
Perhaps the game is changed in a few years.
Image Image