Giving birth/child care

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Gabspiach

Giving birth/child care

Post by Gabspiach » Wed May 18, 2016 10:24 am

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of childcare services in Helsinki while women give birth? My husband and I just moved back to Helsinki after being abroad for 3 years and we have no family and only 1 or 2 friends here (neither of which could really help us). We have a 2 year old son and a baby due in September. My husband wants to attend the birth because he had to miss our previous sons birth (emergency c section). I was wondering if anyone knows of any services or babysitters that can be called at a moment's notice? I want my husband with me, if it's possible, having a doula is something I really don't want.. And I would hate to have to be alone again while giving birth. Last time was quite traumatic and the doctors/nurses weren't very nice at least in the labor and delivery ward in Lappeenranta.

I'm starting to stress out a lot about this already and no one seems to know of anything.. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Giving birth/child care

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Giving birth/child care

Post by Rip » Wed May 18, 2016 11:17 pm

I think I used them myself: https://hoivanet.fi/kotitalouksille/lastenhoitaja/

- but the things at the hospital did not progress at great speed so the fact it took perhaps ~ 2 hours to arrive was not a problem.
Anyway, if you don't come across with a better option you could perhaps make a preliminary enquiry.

Rosamunda

Re: Giving birth/child care

Post by Rosamunda » Thu May 19, 2016 2:02 pm